PDA

View Full Version : Avantgarde Grill

MrSpace
04-02-2004, 12:27 PM
There are avantgarde grills on ebay.

One is only the middle part (no frame) and one with the frame

do you recommand any?

80$ only middle part, 120$ with frame.

Or I should buy it from a store and not on ebay? BTW I'm painting it black so I don't care the chrome quality.

Etienne

Denlasoul
04-02-2004, 12:30 PM
why dont you just paint your stock one?

MrSpace
04-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
why dont you just paint your stock one?

it doesn not have the same lines in it.

Mine has only (runs check in the garage) two horizontal chrome lines. Where there is a chrome line, it's not the same shape.

I'll try it, but I think it will look different than a avantgarde painted grill.

Etienne

1SIKBNZ
04-02-2004, 12:58 PM
WITH FRAME! without sucks and is a pain to install.... just get the whole thing much nicer and eaisier!

Denlasoul
04-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by MrSpace
it doesn not have the same lines in it.

Mine has only (runs check in the garage) two horizontal chrome lines. Where there is a chrome line, it's not the same shape.

I'll try it, but I think it will look different than a avantgarde painted grill.

Etienne

so you are going to paint the inner and outer part black with the avantgarde chrome strips as accents?

MrSpace
04-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
so you are going to paint the inner and outer part black with the avantgarde chrome strips as accents?

everyting black

but you can still see the difference between a normal and avantgarde grill when painted black. because the chrome strips are thicker than the black ones.

Etienne

Denlasoul
04-02-2004, 01:48 PM
gotcha. ;) i'd only buy the inner part seeing that you'll be painting it all. but, if you are unsure of your painting abilities, it'd be better to buy the whole so that you can have a spare chrome frame.

kami230
04-04-2004, 09:23 PM
i was also debating about buying the grills sold on ebay...
instead what I did was out of the blue, decides to put on the stripes that they sell at the auto stores for truck or cars to put around the doors.
They come in chrome, black or gold i think.
And it worked...20$ and 1hour later I have a nice front grill.

WLeg
04-08-2004, 04:19 AM
There is a nice man in the UK who sells them.

www.mbclub.co.uk - seach on grills and you will find him.