PDA

View Full Version : i just lowered my car with sandbags...no joke...

joesc280
04-03-2004, 09:02 PM
i used some hr cup springs in the front...and after finally tweeking it i got the drop i wanted...i had to go to number five spring pad....i had a number 2 and it was tucking in the front......the rear is too low regardless what pad i use.....so i only wanted to lower like an inch to get it right about the tires in the rear...no tuckage...i'm running 265's in the rear and i didn't want any rubbage....so to do this i took advice to put sandbags.....lol....and it gives me the perfect drop now...until i figure which route to got to give me the one inch drop in the rear....i don't wanna buy another set of springs right now cause i just spent like almost $1000 to get this far with the bilsteins,springs and install and alignment.....any suggestions would be recommended....i heard i could cut like a half a coil....but on stock springs...or i will trade for some springs for the rear....my cups will tuck tire in the rear as now with number 2 pads....

omegabenz
04-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Why don't you put a bunch of ICE in your car instead?

joesc280
04-03-2004, 09:16 PM
i used three 50lb sand bags in the trunk to lower my ish about an inch...lol...if anybody wants a ghetto way to lower.....just don't let the bag rip.....best $8 bucks spent on car thus far......

joesc280
04-03-2004, 09:20 PM
it will be more expensive than buying a new set of springs.....i did this because i didnt wanna spend anymore dough on this than i already have....besides i like the stock bose....it hits hard enuff for me....this is really a gripe about mercedes suck azz pad system...it takes a lot of fine tuning to get the set up you want....most cars you just drop springs in and its straight.....

omegabenz
04-03-2004, 09:21 PM
So you are planning on putting ICE in your car, so you are getting the weight amounts ready first?

omegabenz
04-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Oh, I see, cool man!

sorbo
04-03-2004, 09:53 PM
sand will give you a drop but watch your gas gauge fall right along with it, i live in a snow climate and i have to add about the same amount of sand as you have in your trunk now and i lose a notable amount of mpg having to carry it.

so basicly i would not make it to much more that a temporary fix.
edit: my horrible dyslexia

joesc280
04-03-2004, 11:44 PM
but until i figure out if i wanna cut the springs about a half a coil and play with the spring pads itz gonna stay that way.....i have number 1 pads in right now...so it can't be lowered anymore by changing them...i don't wanna buy anotha set of springs just to get the back right....the front is perfect....

adelaros
04-04-2004, 04:07 AM
Why dont you get a 2 sets of COIL SPRING 2-WAY ADJUSTER AND STABILIZER from jcwhitney, they should do the same job as the sand bags. They are about 7 bucks a set.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=2123&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&storeId=10101

adelaros
04-04-2004, 04:09 AM
I forgot to add this one that might also work..

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=1117&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&storeId=10101