PDA

View Full Version : Make an older CD Changer useful

ctsotsos
04-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Hey everyone, I am a long time member, first time poster..this forum and its members are great, etc. etc. but we all know that!

The question I will pose to you is this: I have in my posession an older mercedes CD changer (model # is MC 3191 and MB part # is Q 6 82 8600) which I was told would fit in a C class. The connector is female and wont fit with the one in the trunk of my 95 c220 and it's definately not a fiber optic connection. I'm under the impression it may be from a '94 C or even a w124? Anyway heres a url linking to the picture:

http://65.49.32.17/jerseys/bnz/oldconnector.jpg

let me know what you guys think; would there be any way of rigging this unit to connect to the changer wiring of my 95 c220? or is it a lost cause? Thanks in advance!

Chris

sorbo
04-06-2004, 08:23 PM
look at crutchfield.com I believe (85%) they will have an adapter that works for you.

audiophile
04-06-2004, 11:08 PM
here is a hint: is it made in japan or germany? if its jap, its an alpine, more than likely an m-bus connection, you can go to ciicuit city and get a cable for that changer. if it's german, its a becker and the parts are more scarce, but not impossible. good luck;)

ctsotsos
04-08-2004, 09:59 AM
I checked chrutchfield.com and the adapter they have is almost what I need. Their adapter is for the 10 pin rectangular connector in the trunk to an 8 pin male connection. The problem is that the connection on my changer is female. So unless anyone knows of a way to make 2 8-pin female connectors work together...??

The unit is made in Japan and is an Alpine, but the M-Bus adapters i found were also intended to be plugged into a male end, which again my changer does not have...thanks for the input so far guys!

vas2vas
04-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by ctsotsos
Hey everyone, I am a long time member, first time poster..this forum and its members are great, etc. etc. but we all know that!

The question I will pose to you is this: I have in my posession an older mercedes CD changer (model # is MC 3191 and MB part # is Q 6 82 8600) which I was told would fit in a C class. The connector is female and wont fit with the one in the trunk of my 95 c220 and it's definately not a fiber optic connection. I'm under the impression it may be from a '94 C or even a w124? Anyway heres a url linking to the picture:

http://65.49.32.17/jerseys/bnz/oldconnector.jpg

let me know what you guys think; would there be any way of rigging this unit to connect to the changer wiring of my 95 c220? or is it a lost cause? Thanks in advance!

Chris

From the model number, p/n, the picture and your description I'm pretty sure you have a changer for a becker 1432 that was installed in w124 up to 1993... the round plug is for data, the two other wires power supply and round... to clarify though, if you had a w124 with a 1432 HU you would still need a cable kit to hook it up, unless you were getting this one to replace a damaged one... the other changer compatible with the old system was the becker silverstone 980... that said, this changer is somewaht rare so I'm sure you can sell it on ebay and get your money back since some people really crave the factory look...
now as far as putting some tunes into your car you need a 94-98 m/b non fiber optic changer that has a square plug or an alpine m-bus changer that has the round 8 pin plug with that adaptor cable you found on the internet...
hope this info helps, sorry you were misinformed....