PDA

View Full Version : Where to get rims fix

marksbenz
04-13-2004, 04:58 AM
Whats up people. I just bought some 18x8 Carlsson for $500.00 from some guy who didnt take care of it. Alot of curb rash on one rim. Do you guys know a shop that can fix it. I want to get it done locally. And how much do you guys think it will cost me? Thanks in advance.:)

Andrew C280
04-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Hey I was in the same siduation that you were about 3 months ago I had some Amg rims that needed repair, well I took them in to a local guy in canada, and he has repainted them 3 times and there still screwed up, the paint never hardened, I would really check out the place your going to take them too and I would suggest powder coating or chrome. I also would recomened asking around this form and the place you going to take them to see other customers wheels and how they where done.

Now your going to probally get some one on this form saying that I am too pickey and that everthing I put on here is negitive and my car is one big hunk of junk just do some searches and you will see what I mean, but honestly I am just trying to get my car as much back to stock is possible. The person that had it befor did not care about anything and did everthing the cheapest way possible now i am stuck dealing with a bunch of problems.

Anyways good luck finding some one if they do a good job let me know and i might sent my stuff there to get it done proper not some hack job like my guy did.

timecop369
04-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Not sure where you're located, but if it's the Bay Area... I'm about to take my wheels to get a quote from these 2 places:

http://www.wheeltechniques.com/index.html

or

http://www.wheeltech.com

I got 2 17" AMG monoblocks I need fixed also.

timecop369

JRE320
04-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Take it to San Leandro.I think it's called the wheel center.

manong
04-20-2004, 07:15 AM
Hey Mark, have you had your wheels done yet? How much did it cost you? Need my BBS wheels repaired and refinished.

Recaro18
04-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by manong
Hey Mark, have you had your wheels done yet? How much did it cost you? Need my BBS wheels repaired and refinished.

dont refinish it, just sell it!!!

manong
04-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Recaro18
dont refinish it, just sell it!!!

Make me an offer.

Recaro18
04-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by manong
Make me an offer.

phone ringing...imma give you an offer right now!! answer your phone...:bunny:

JRE320
04-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Recaro18
phone ringing...imma give you an offer right now!! answer your phone...:bunny:

Ring ring ring....Hello! No! your offer is too low. You low baller... :p ;)

marksbenz
04-20-2004, 08:18 PM
No i havent gotten it fix yet. Im going to change my rear tires first.

Recaro18
04-21-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by JRE320
Ring ring ring....Hello! No! your offer is too low. You low baller... :p ;)

WHAT? lowballer....cuz you sell your stuff like it has gold in it...:D

manong
04-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by marksbenz
No i havent gotten it fix yet. Im going to change my rear tires first.

Okay, thanks.

1SIKBNZ
09-18-2004, 12:49 PM
did anybody in the bay ever get their rims/ curb rash fixed anywhere? recommendations? my rim decided to give the curb a kiss last night =( just a lil one but i wanna get it fixed...