PDA

View Full Version : Help Sunroof Leakin !!!!!

qqbennyqq
04-17-2004, 09:46 AM
ok so i was on my way to work , stop by the bookstore to get my mom some news paper , it was raining when i finished and went back to my car i see my center consel all wet and dripping water down to my shifter, i was like (WTF) i thought i didnt close it fully but i checked again, still leakin so basicaly i kept usin tissue to dry it while i was drivin and now i am at work but my supervisor did give me 3 trash bags, i put one on outside of the car over the sunroof, 1 2 inside the car to make sure if it was to leak it would leak to the carpets, but i think it might have stoped leakin after i wiped the rubber clean, anyone have any experience with this?! i dont want to spend much money on my car because im plannin to sell it and i live in california where it barely raines. thanks

BeNNy:(

hvmercy
04-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by qqbennyqq
ok so i was on my way to work , stop by the bookstore to get my mom some news paper , it was raining when i finished and went back to my car i see my center consel all wet and dripping water down to my shifter, i was like (WTF) i thought i didnt close it fully but i checked again, still leakin so basicaly i kept usin tissue to dry it while i was drivin and now i am at work but my supervisor did give me 3 trash bags, i put one on outside of the car over the sunroof, 1 2 inside the car to make sure if it was to leak it would leak to the carpets, but i think it might have stoped leakin after i wiped the rubber clean, anyone have any experience with this?! i dont want to spend much money on my car because im plannin to sell it and i live in california where it barely raines. thanks

BeNNy:(

You may have an obstruction in there somewhere. It happened
to me once coz my son inserted his toy in there somehow and
when I closed it I didn't even check if it was completely seated
only to find out once it rained. Luckily I have a garage. :(
good luck,
hvmercy

LV202
04-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Check for clogged drain tubes. They are located at the front of the sunroof.