PDA

View Full Version : What AT fluid should i purchase?

Eurosport
04-20-2004, 10:19 AM
i wanna change my tranny fluid i don't think it's ever been changed but don't really want the dealer's universal crap, want something better or more specific if there's such thing for my car
any suggestions?
96 C36
thanks in advance

SpEeDy230
04-20-2004, 10:46 AM
If your tranny is not a electric controlled (I dont think it is) than your should try B&M Trick shift. Its fully synthetic and Ive had good experience with it in my wagon.

Andrew C280
04-20-2004, 02:27 PM
I would check with you dealer its very specific, i had my tranny go, if you have any type of warrenty if you do not run the mercedes no maintance transmission fluid its not covered. It really depends if your tranny is electronic or not. I would not mess around with it cost me $4500 for a replacement I did not break mine it was the previous owner

Brabus
04-21-2004, 08:02 AM
The Mercedes ATF is what people usually go with. It's expensive, but that's what is recommended.

moebiusgold
04-21-2004, 08:23 PM
I think Eursports C-36 is a 97. I think it is a pneumatically controlled Trans and the previous opinions are correct. Any good synthetic will do the job. On the electronic ones stick with the MB fluid. Basically, if there is a dipstick to check the tranny oil with, it is the pneumatic one. The electronic ones have this dumb little cap with a red catch that has to be broken off just top remove the cap. I never bothered replacing the red tamper indicator even though the dealer sold me one for less than $2.

speedybenz
04-21-2004, 08:38 PM
I have been running Mobil 1 ATF for 1 year in my C43 and ran it for 1 year in my 1999, C280. It seems to work very well with good solid shifts and performance.

Has anyone else tried this ATF fluid? How did it compare to the MB fluid?

Jeff