PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust woes....

FreeStyler
04-23-2004, 02:04 PM
I saw a lot of universal fit mufflers. One problem, dont know which one to get. This is what I need:

-Something relatively cheap (since i still dont have a job)
-Something that fits a C230 1998 Model
-Something that doesnt make my car sound like a rice rocket

If someone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

I heard about magnaflow, but is it a good choice? And how expensive is it?

Or i found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33636&item=2474637843&rd=1

FreeStyler
04-23-2004, 02:11 PM
I called two shops they said they dont have ANYTHING that wont sound loud on my car. He said German cars are extra loud when you put a muffler on.

nokia8860
04-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Most universal mufflers will fit. Just check out the size and go underneath the car and measure.

As for sound... its all on how the engine is. You can take the same universal muffler and put it on a 1995 Civic DX and put it on a 1995 C280 and they will sound totally different.

Also sound is a byproduct of the construction of the muffler. You put in a flowmaster chamber deal and man your car is gonna scare even harley riders.

I used to run a arospeed muffler and it sounded good to me. Kameraguy said when I was WOT he could hear it down a city block.

HAHAHAHA

crazy00c230k
04-23-2004, 03:53 PM
i have a magnaflow and it sounds really nice, pretty damn loud when u gas it, but its not ricey at all

CKlasse
04-24-2004, 07:33 AM
Don't mix up BENZO w/ anything LESS!!!! :confused:

A top end brand such as Magnaflow / Remus and so on is the way to go. :bunny:

FreeStyler
04-24-2004, 07:59 AM
I guess I will just try to save up for remus, because the guy at the shop said magnaflow is a good brand but it will be extremely loud on my car. So I guess remus will be the way to go.

CKlasse
04-24-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by FreeStyler
I guess I will just try to save up for remus, because the guy at the shop said magnaflow is a good brand but it will be extremely loud on my car. So I guess remus will be the way to go.

That guy must have no clue or try to push you toward other brands. Those ebay mufflers is high pitch, remus/magnaflow are deep toned.

Go to magnaflow.com, They have some sound clip. All the benzos I have built the exhaust on usually have some kind of magnaflow resonator or muffler 'to deepen out' the tone. In many cases, I have combined magnaflow resonator w/ Ansa or Remus to deepend out the noise.

Here is one charateristic of Magnaflow that I REALLY like... it started deep at low RPM but as you hit cruising RPM, the sound simply goes away. In short, you will get nice tone during take off, but almost stock sound in the high way.

Regards,
Ken

C280 JR
04-24-2004, 08:34 AM
my car has the deep rubmle at low rpm, but when u punch it it turns more quiet

Elvir

qqbennyqq
04-24-2004, 09:43 AM
i have magna flow, nice deep tone, i think its perfect loudness, my cousin had his with a resonator and the sound was minimized a great deal

FreeStyler
04-24-2004, 01:43 PM
That guy must be playing with me, but he never told me any other brands to choose. He just said do some research and find out what works best with benz. But he scared me with magnaflow, but since you guys put those on your cars I highly doubt my car will sound different. (But remember i have a C230 INLINE 4 so maybe it sounds different)

CKlasse
04-24-2004, 05:09 PM
I have installed magnaflow on C220, C230, C230K, SLK230, SLK230K as far as inline 4. :D

to2image
04-26-2004, 05:31 AM
i have super sprint it sounds really good on my c230 k 1999