PDA

View Full Version : £¢¬¤¬¤¢£ ESP not working after lowering my car

MrSpace
04-23-2004, 03:21 PM
It took 4 hours to install eibach springs and koni shocks on my car.

Took it out, when pressing the gaz, the ESP went crazy and did not let me go past 2mph even if I floor it.

ESP off it's ok, the esp light flashed when accelerating and was steady on when letting off the gaz.

Then ont he highway the "ESP" and "ABS" lights wne ton and the ESP triangle went off, then I could not put esp off or on with the button.

I really don't know what happened, I know the guy touched some sensors in front, but he checked them twice and could not find anything special.

Is there a reset on the computer so he can "start over"? If not, I'll have to bring the car to the stealership monday :/ Did this happened to any of you?

Thanks,

Etienne

MrSpace
04-23-2004, 04:11 PM
Ok finally in my garage I found it's the little wire that goes to one of the sensor in the front caliper that's damaged

I'll change it monday

Etienne

J Irwan
04-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Eitenne,

those little wire on the front caliper....would likely be a wire for the brake pad sensor.

I don't think it has anything to do with your ESP, however your speed sensor might be accidently yanked by the mechanic when they're lowering your car..

so you should look onto the speed sensor wire...

Regardz,

MrSpace
04-24-2004, 03:16 AM
Where's that?

There are two wires running to the front brakes

Maybe the other one?

My car is on jackstands right now I'll have a good look at everything.

Etienne

MrSpace
04-24-2004, 03:27 AM
The wire that's damaged is : A 202 540 06 34

Is it a brake sensor or pad wear?

It's on the driver's side wheel. Where is that speed sensor?

Might be this because when I was driving the speed was a zero and then suddently started working.

Etienne

J Irwan
04-24-2004, 07:26 AM
Etienne,

that number (202 540 06 34) is the number for Brake pad sensor..

Regardz,

MrSpace
04-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by J Irwan
Etienne,

that number (202 540 06 34) is the number for Brake pad sensor..

Regardz,

Do you think it could be the cause of my problems?

I'llc hange it tomorrow, do I need to reset anything afterwards (because now my ESP doesn't work at all and my ESP and ABS lights are always on.

Etienne

tinter101
05-10-2004, 07:45 PM
I had my car in by my mechanic this past weekend and he
was going to lower my car but didn't. He told me he noticed a
sensor located on the pass. side rear spring that would be
an issue. What's that?

jnolte
05-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by MrSpace
Do you think it could be the cause of my problems?

I'llc hange it tomorrow, do I need to reset anything afterwards (because now my ESP doesn't work at all and my ESP and ABS lights are always on.

Etienne

sounds like your battery may be under 10 volts.... check it with a voltage meter

if its under 10 volts it will shut off ABS and ESP to conserve energy until power is restored. Its happened to me twice when i listin to music while in my garage detailing my car.

MrSpace
05-11-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by tinter101
I had my car in by my mechanic this past weekend and he
was going to lower my car but didn't. He told me he noticed a
sensor located on the pass. side rear spring that would be
an issue. What's that?

You have two speed sensors, and two break pad wear sensor.

In my case, it was the two speed sensors that were broken during installation, because the mechanic did not unplug them, instead he stretched them too much and they broke (not apparent).

The brake pad sensor is the one going in your caliper, towards teh front, and the speed sensor is the one going on topof the inner portion of the caliper.

Oh and it's really easy to unplug them from the wheel well. It shouldn't stop anyone from doing the mod.

If you need more info let me know

Etienne