PDA

View Full Version : Straight pipe follies

mayagman
04-23-2004, 07:10 PM
Hey everyone, a quick question. I recently moved up to Nebraska (not by choice... too much dust and hail :P). The 'bright' spot is, there are no exhaust regulations out here. I could have flames shooting out my block, and it would be A-OK. I was pondering just throwing a straight-pipe from the headers back... because I'm cheap, bored, and I'm sick of tacomas with test pipes drowning out the sweet song of my Inline Six. Apart from the noise, the obvious problem is backpressure. I believe I have that one nailed, but my new gripe is trying to sort out all the fancypants sensors on the pipes. I know theres an EGT and O2 somewhere around there, and probably a few others. Will the computer allow normal ignition without all these readings? Or bogus ones resulting from the lack of a cat? Can I just throw a few resistors around? In case you couldnt tell I'm new to all this, and I gather this is probably a pretty stupid question, but bear with me. I never had an old chevy to tool around with as a kid, and this is my first 'real' car. I suppose basically what I'm asking is, how do people run these cars on the track with nothing but a tube, and get away with it?

Who needs resonators and all that crap, right? Right?!

CKlasse
04-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Dude,

Exhaust for laptop!
Exhaust for laptop!
Exhaust for laptop!
Exhaust for laptop!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

mayagman
04-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Ah crap. I sold it for $1500 to a friend as a favor... Should've been more greedy :P

CKlasse
04-26-2004, 11:42 AM
:confused: :(

hvmercy
04-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by CKlasse
Dude,

Exhaust for laptop!
Exhaust for laptop!
Exhaust for laptop!
Exhaust for laptop!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I have a laptop available. What are you looking for?
Mine's an NEC Model: VL4J0A6A
Well travelled in Continental North Am as well as Asia
and Europe.

Hvmercy