PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer: "No Magazine"

bikeman311
04-25-2004, 06:32 PM
The radio doesnt register a magazine, but the magazine is in there. Also, it looks like one of the CD holders is still out so the magazine wont eject.

Please Help!!

PS- 1999 C280 Sport

MrSpace
04-25-2004, 06:35 PM
I also have this problem intermittently, it says "no cd changer" on the radio screen.

But after shutting off the car, pullung out and in the changer, it worked again each time.

Etienne

nokia8860
04-25-2004, 06:55 PM
no answer either (http://www.bnzsport.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12082&hl=)

audiophile
04-25-2004, 10:09 PM
reset the radio. if that dosent help your going to have to open up the changer and mess around the springs there, once the mag is out. let us know how it turns out :)

bikeman311
04-27-2004, 03:49 PM
alrighty, I tried my version of "reseting the radio." basically, I disconnected the battery and then reconnected it and entered the radio code. Not only did it not fix my problem, the windows will not auto roll down or up anymore. So anyone looking for some advice from a junior 202 member, dont do THAT. Anyhow, my next step will be to get to the changer. Do I remove it simply with the two screws on the bracket? Or is there more? Hopefully by the time i have sufficiently screwed everything up, I'll get a tip here.

Thanks, John.

SLAMMED_C
04-27-2004, 06:31 PM
aight.. since you disconnected your battery.. all your features will now need to be syncronized.. this means hold each window switch in the up position.. not the express position though.. for 3 seconds and that will be restored.. next run your sunroof through a full open pop up and close.. then full open and close.
you willl need to run your steering from lock to lock twice and then back to centre position to restore steering angle sensor, and you already did your radio code so your good.
to remove the cd changer, you will need to remove the 2 screws that are in the brakcet.. then unplug the cd changer.. next remove the 4 screws that hold the cd changer in the bracket.
hope this helps.

bikeman311
05-26-2004, 05:24 PM
well, i took apart the changer, and manually re-inserted the cd into the magazine. then put everything back together. so while it worked i removed my non-burned cds. the whole stereo worked well for a couple more days and then poof it doesnt recognize the magazine again. and its stuck in the changer again.

SLAMMED_C
06-06-2004, 02:21 PM
it sound like you need to have your cd changer rebuilt.. take it to the dealer and have them send it out for repairs.. cheaper than an new cd changer and will work just as good.

There was actually an older 129 SL500 in with cd changer problems.. but we found that one of the cd's in the magazine was bad casuing the cd player to say no magazine. once that cd was removed from the magazine it worked. but since you've tried many different things already.. looks like its the cd changer itself.