PDA

View Full Version : AMG C43 Intake Manifold Mods

speedybenz
04-25-2004, 11:14 PM
Over the last week I removed my intake manifold and cleaned up the intake ports/runners and hopefully this will increase air flow. I also ported the intake elbow and enlarged it to match the MAS sensor diameter which had already been enlarged from 76mm to 82mm.

The throttle body also had to be moded to increase the diameter, which was performed on my lathe. To enlarge the opening I cut a taper of 8 degrees to fit the size of the enlarged elbow.

The phenolic spacers were cleaned up a little to better match the cylinder head ports.

All the manifold parts both inside and outside have been coated with a ceramic paint, which helps to insulate the manifold from heat. With the parts just sitting in the sun today there was a 20-40 degree temp difference between ceramic paint coated parts and those without the ceramic paint.

http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/speedybenz-c43/DSC01615.sized.jpg

714guy
04-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Looks very bling bling, i want my to look like that buts its plastic.
Once again work work is so so nice, I love it. Keep it coming with these mods.

Jason

jnolte
04-26-2004, 12:35 AM
JEFF

looks good man!

ALSO!

HAVE you gotten ANY of my EMAILS?!?!?!?!

I sent them to your NEW email address you told me to sent them to. I am still waiting...

please email me ASAP

cnolte@earthlink.net

REGARDS

JAMES NOLTE!

SpEeDy230
04-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Nice.....if only i had a C43

speedybenz
04-26-2004, 12:24 PM
The mods and paint are for performance. The paint being ceramic based does a real good job keeping heat out of the manifold.

I let you all know if I get any gains

Jeff

mike mac
01-29-2008, 08:16 PM
where are the pics?