PDA

View Full Version : headunit install question

ja2k
04-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Hello I purchased a pioneer headunit for my 94 c220. I searched this forum on this topic, and I see that I need a mb removal tool to take the headunit out. Also I seen someone mention something about a vw harness. Do I need this harness to install the headunit. Also how do I go about installing the headunit. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Jeff

BenzMeister
04-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by ja2k
Hello I purchased a pioneer headunit for my 94 c220. I searched this forum on this topic, and I see that I need a mb removal tool to take the headunit out. Also I seen someone mention something about a vw harness. Do I need this harness to install the headunit. Also how do I go about installing the headunit. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Jeff

I have one for my 99 C280 Bose system, I got it on Ebay for $10.00, do a ebay search I think I did a search in auto parts and accessories, something like radion removal tool Mercedes Benz, W202. I added it also to my favorite searches and finally got a hit in a week, I don't remember the seller, I look in my ebay files and see if I saved it. Also, I bent the heck out of mine trying to remove them, lesson learned DON'T PUSH THEM IN ALL THE WAY, just push until you feel resistance and move each one at the same time either right or left, but you'll know as they lock and you can pull the radio out, to install push the radio in until you hear the click and move the tools the opposite way and they come out, I chucked mine, as they were useless after that.:D

jnolte
04-28-2004, 05:26 PM
yes u need a VW harness from good guys/ best buy etc.

ja2k
04-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks

BenzMeister
04-30-2004, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
yes u need a VW harness from good guys/ best buy etc.

Go to this Ebay store ZDMAK QUALITY TOOLS store, they have a bunch of Mercedes tools, I ordered my instrument cluster removal tool, they have the radio, climate control removal tool also. They also have a kit that includes both the above and two other tools for $23.00 plus shipping.