PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Optic Cable

mbsickness
05-03-2004, 12:04 PM
I am trying to retrofit a radio and cd changer from a '99 W202. The problem is that the dealer can't find the PN for the fiber optic cables. What else do I need to make the swap? I assume the cable ends fit directly into the radio and changer.

Thanks.

pnsji
05-07-2004, 12:15 PM
This mightbe tricky since you need to run to the back and make sure you did not bend the wire.

nokia8860
05-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by mbsickness
I am trying to retrofit a radio and cd changer from a '99 W202. The problem is that the dealer can't find the PN for the fiber optic cables. What else do I need to make the swap? I assume the cable ends fit directly into the radio and changer.

Thanks.

The cable is 202 540 38 07 and is ordered by length. As found listed as a part number in our Featured Article Section for installing a W163 Comand unit in an non wave beam equip'd vehicle. (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=180)

Keep in mind if you just order by part number alone you will end up with something less than 4' in length. You will need to tell the parts counter the length you will need.

You will also need the 3 wire harness (power, ground, wake up) for the new changer as well. I am assuming since you need the fiber optic cable that you have the older audio system with the older style CD changer harness which should be 208 540 44 08.

Everything else plugs right in.