PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for big brake kit!!

neema12
05-09-2004, 05:55 PM
I am planning on getting a better performing brake set, such as a big brake kit but am unsure of what is required to complete the whole set. Should I get only new brake pads, or a whole set. How much should this run me? Before I ask alot of questions, I will listen to what you all say and then I will continue from there.

I have a 95 c220 with 100000 miles and brakes were done at 60000 checkup.

Brabus
05-09-2004, 06:34 PM
IT really depends on what you're trying to do. Because upgrading brakes comes on many levels. Brembos are the upper class standard before going custom or you can get lower priced sets from AP Racing, Stoptech, etc.

Most people would say that unless you're tracking your car, there's no need for 14.1" brakes :p But then again what do I know, I got Brembos... haha Then again I do use it for shows

neema12
05-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Well what do you req. for me. I wont drag, or quarter mile, but I will hopefully take it to the tracks every few months. I dont want to spend alot of money, but want something that I will enjoy more that stock brakes and that will give me more braking control of the car, during unsafe situations. Will a brembo package be able to do that for a good price?

This is a good link I found reguarding brembo brakes, which btw I trust becasue many friends have refered them as a top company.

http://www.precisionbrakescompany.com/brakes/applicationid/62063/carproducts.asp

The big brake kit is WAY out of my price range, if this is the average range, then Ill stick with stock. Thx

C280 JR
05-09-2004, 08:11 PM
sorry but that is not a big break kit...its just crossdrilled rotors...bbk cost well over $2000+ ...

Elvir

Luwin1026
05-09-2004, 09:49 PM
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDKAqMSX1RDs7ARsXhg0c2HJ3hMwjnGWTk4hpl9MOPfn7NEx 9zlhH6D9FrHE!01lShyiGm6z8rg7FNA0vToghhUVFOExLDh4r3 gNqPvX0Y/CRW_0805.tif

Big brake kits are upwards of $2k - if you are not ready to spend that much, you can simply opt for some performance pads (Axxis Metal Master, Porterfield R4S are recommended personally by me for what seems to be your use for enthusiastic driving), steel-braided lines (Troutman), and some cross-drilled rotors.

Big brake kits might be overkill, but damn they look hot. :D

Brabus
05-09-2004, 10:17 PM
Shoot, since Luwin's gonna floss, then I am too:

http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/C36/La_India_3.sized.jpg

neema12
05-10-2004, 07:41 AM
Should I wait a few thousands of miles and wait till my current brakes fall off, then choose the BBK, or spend a few hundred and get better pads?

J Irwan
05-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by neema12
Should I wait a few thousands of miles and wait till my current brakes fall off, then choose the BBK, or spend a few hundred and get better pads?

that question can only be answered by you...

what are you looking to get out of your brake..?
how much are you willing to spent..?
and can you justified spending that much for your need..?

But if you ask about the BBK performance without a doubt they will be much more superior than your standard size Brake hardware..

I'd follow Luwin suggestion first, buy upgrading pad, and maybe getting slotter or drilled rotor (OEM size) to improved brake performance and fading issue.. then if you're not satisfied then BBK might be your only answer

:)

Regardz,

sleek_benzo
05-10-2004, 12:13 PM
damn.. sure do look nice though.. but i'm not willing to spend 2k+ on some brake because i don't drive aggresive enough..:D

neema12
05-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Ill wait till the show on May 22(hint whoever is not going) to speak with you all in person, I think Ill get a better inderstanding.