PDA

View Full Version : srs light

Tom Q
05-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Two weeks ago, I replaced the temp and clock bulbs. Now, everytime I start the car, the SRS light would go on for about a minute or 2 then disappears. What does this mean and how do I bring it back to normal.

GDawgC220
05-10-2004, 06:03 PM
SRS light seems to be a common thing on the w202's. Mine has been on for about a year now, didn't have the money to fix it when it was diagnosed.

When it stays on for about 2 min (same as me) it means there's a delay in the system, so for those 2 minutes, there's no SRS system. After the light goes out, your back to normal.

I think most common thing the SRS light is the buckles on either side, driver or passenger. I had my passenger side replaced once because of the SRS light ($300) then the drivers side went a few months later but no $$ to fix so I never bothered. I was told it (airbags and such) work after the light goes out, so just don't get into an accident within the first two minutes :p

Tom Q
05-11-2004, 09:02 AM
Is the cluster removal just a coincidence? I never had the 2 minute problem before I pulled out the cluster.:(

GDTm©
05-12-2004, 05:33 AM
Éî

Tom Q
05-12-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by GDTm©
Éî

What do you mean by this?

martattack
05-12-2004, 12:07 PM
I have the same problem.. Except it started when I pulled my passenger seat out to extract the carpet after some liquid was spilled under it.. (don't ask!). I disconnected the wires, and I turned the car on to listen to the stereo. I think it sensed the seat wiring was not hooked up, and stored the fault code. Even though I reconnected all of the wiring, the fault code is still stored which turns the light on.

So is taking it to the dealer the only way to fix it?

Martin

Tom Q
05-12-2004, 12:10 PM
I've tried to disconnect the batteries. Doesn't work either. Light still behaves that way.

GDTm©
05-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Tom Q
What do you mean by this?

Éî=nothing

Rocky
05-13-2004, 04:17 AM
Try getting a can of compressed air and blowing out the belt buckle..connector on the side of the seat.

As well...I remember skimming across something about a SRS light that is a sign of something else failing...it escaped my mind at the moment.

julesrey
05-17-2004, 07:24 AM
Hello Guys! I need your help on this one. Before, after I start my engine the SRS would normally turn on and then off after a minute or less. A few months back I noticed that through the same process the SRS light wont turn off until maybe after 5 to 10minutes. Then lately it wont turn off totally. What could be the cause? Thanks for your help guys!

c280nz
07-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Bump ^
i have this exact same problem, i replaced a light bulb in my instrument cluster, and while the cluster was out, the key was on, now my srs light stays on for about 2 minutes when i start my car.
i gave the seatbelt plugs a clean.
how can i reset the srs light ?
without the dealer $$$
94 c280 thanks for any help

neema12
07-30-2005, 08:47 PM
I got the same issue as well. I took more than the seats out but everything is back in place and reinstalled correctly. I cant seem to get the light to turn off. Any ideas?

GDTm©
07-31-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by c280nz

without the dealer $$$

30min max

star diagnosis or HHT need

in Russia Mb Dialer 20US$ max

c280nz
07-31-2005, 02:37 PM
I am presuming this is the only way then :-(