PDA

View Full Version : My Power seat have been sticking

smartkey
05-11-2004, 12:08 PM
For about a year now my power seat have been getting progressively worse. At first they worked properly, then they would only working after the car had been running for two minutes. They used to work when the door was open but now the only work when feel like which is not all that often any more. I used to think maybe it was the battery but I have had the alternator and the battery checked several times and they have been fine. I have a strong suspition that it is a relay of some sort because every time I remove the power seat fuses and replace them the seat will work more often than they do now. Sometimes they don't move for three day at a time. Has anyone had a problem like this before of has anyone have a clue as to where the relay that supplys power to the powers seats is located? This has been frustrating and embarassing as I can not let anyone borrow me car because they can't get close enough to the steering wheel as I am 6'3" tall.

smartkey
05-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Doesn' t anyone have any info to offer.

Rocky
05-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Could be a going motor or soemthing?

Try www.mercedesshop.com and do a search and see what that yields.

smartkey
05-13-2004, 04:38 AM
When the seat dont move it is both of them this is why I think it may be a relay that is sticking or has a corroded wire or something all. I was hoping that One of you member knew what relay to check and where to find it.

Skavuvi
05-14-2006, 11:57 AM
I know this is a dead topic, but for future reference check this link out.

http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=132934&highlight=C280+Power+Seats

smartkey
05-16-2006, 06:40 AM
Hey Skavuvi thanks for sending me a link to a thread I started over on that other forum.

They are very helpful over there eventhough they are not W 202 specific.

I don't know if this problem comes with age of the car but my car on had 43,000 miles when that seat relay started acting up.

I hope this helps the next person that has this problem.

The fix was the SEAT RELAY it needed to be replaced you have to remove the cover off the fuse box panel under the hood.

cudaized
07-11-2006, 05:04 AM
THANK YOU. It is the solution that I was looking for, without getting the volt meter out...