PDA

View Full Version : Key ???

714guy
05-23-2003, 04:22 PM
if i were to pick some some uncut flip out keys for my 97 202,

a) Can i reprogram it to work with my infrared sytem??

b) How much would it cost to cut the keys??

A new key from the dealer is $, but i am getting these for $20 a piece would it be worth it.

nokia8860
05-23-2003, 06:17 PM
i've heard there was some sequence you could do to reprogram the keys alarm feature. just heard

I'll try to find out what or how its done this weekend.

714guy
05-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Thanks Joey

You da man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pnsji
05-23-2003, 10:15 PM
I don't remember how but you have to hold at position I of the ignition and the hold the key to the infra red under the mirror.

jnolte
05-23-2003, 11:34 PM
That sounds like its gonna be complicated and expensive. but very intresting.

Good luck

714guy
06-01-2003, 11:04 PM
any werd???

Ozzie Bob
06-02-2003, 02:26 AM
www.carguard.net - They sell full alarm systems with MB style flick keys :) This way you get an alarm system AND a flick key ;)

http://www.carguard.net/bilder/de/alarm_produkte/destk.jpg

nokia8860
06-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by 714guy
any werd???

sorry slip my mind. will find out for you though. i plan of figuring out both your question and another board members question this weekend.

nokia8860
06-19-2003, 06:25 PM
MB says...

Point the IR to the receiver (rear view mirror) click it twice. With in 30 sec put the key in the ignition to #2.

714guy
06-19-2003, 06:57 PM
thanks Joey now i just need to get them

SLK Boy
06-19-2003, 07:19 PM
If that doesn't work, i was just at the dealer, and they told the guy to put the key into position 1 for 30 sec, then to pos 2, then off and turn on the car...good luck! If anything, take it to the dealer..they'll do it for you...

dwang
06-20-2003, 11:25 AM
I would have to say that it is not possible to reprogram a new key by yourself. If it were, just think how easy it would be to get a Benz for $20 and a little time...

1. Buy key from Ebay for $20
2. Go find a Benz in a parking lot
3. Follow directions on how to reprogram key
4. Drive away in your new Benz

Dave

nokia8860
06-20-2003, 11:30 AM
This is for the 97 style IR not the smart keys found in the model updated cars.

The IR style is the switch blade one. It does show you how to reset your IR for your vehicle by pressing the button twice to your IR receiver then putting the key in on the 2 position.

The key, no pun intended, here is that you actually have a working key to put in position 2. No key no IR reprogram.

But yep the smart keys are a different story. But I think 714 has one with the switchblade key.

714guy
06-20-2003, 12:38 PM
yep i have the switch blade key, i am still trying to contact the guy if not i am goin to have to get them from stealership.

haubsh
08-15-2006, 03:24 AM
Hello guys,
I am a new member and I have a problem with my flip key,
My car is a 1997 C200K, the red light in the key some times does not work, and of course when it does not work I can’t open the car unless I use the blade key, I also think it is using a lot of batteries, recently am changing them every 2 weeks,
I think some thing is broken inside, is it o=possible to open the flip key and repair it??
Another question , when you open the car with the blade key only the drivers door open and when you start the car all the doors open, but how do you close all the doors?

rollinrealbig
08-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Wow ive never seen this thread!

My friend has a 96' W210 with switchblade key. he got a new key and it has been cut so its the key he uses. you guys are saying its easy to program it ??? :eek:

1995c280
08-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by haubsh
Another question , when you open the car with the blade key only the drivers door open and when you start the car all the doors open, but how do you close all the doors? [/B]

if you turn the key once only the driver's door will unlock. turn the key to unlock two times and all doors unlock. this is known as (selective and global locking). with the new smart keys (no blade) you can change the settings from one another with just the IR (remote). takes 5 seconds!

i think you can change the setting on your car also but i'm not positive so don't hold me to that. but when you get in your car turn the key on position 2 and hold the door lock button on the dash. first lock the car and then hold the lock button for like 5 seconds and hopefully the setting should change. i know the 210's did this and i THINK the updated 202's did too!

Jason

haubsh
08-23-2006, 08:36 PM
hi,
i tried both cases but no luck,
only the driver door opens and closes,
the most important is the closing part since the opening is taken care of once you start the car you can unlock the doors using the button (Center locking),

can you try the same procedure you described on your car and tell me if it work plz

1995c280
08-24-2006, 11:33 AM
hi,
i tried both cases but no luck,
only the driver door opens and closes,
the most important is the closing part since the opening is taken care of once you start the car you can unlock the doors using the button (Center locking),

can you try the same procedure you described on your car and tell me if it work plz

well i have a 95' so the procedure with the key in the door will work. one turn for drivers and again for the rest of the doors. however since my car is the earlier 202, the changing of the settings from the lock button on the dash will not. my car does not have that feature!

Jason

haubsh
08-27-2006, 12:32 AM
my 1997 c200k is the older type, so it should work as your car , one turn for driver door, another for other doors
if i have a technical problem, what could it be?

1995c280
08-27-2006, 07:42 PM
my 1997 c200k is the older type, so it should work as your car , one turn for driver door, another for other doors
if i have a technical problem, what could it be?

if you turn the key once and the driver's door open and if you turn it again and nothing happens...the only thing that pops into my mind would be maybe the 2nd microswitch in the lock cylinder for the driver's door where the key goes it could be faulty! because when you turn the key the second time, the microswitch should make contact and send a signal to the PSE pump to unlock the remaining doors so my guess would be the door lock cylinder is bad. i'm not 100% positive however...

Jason