PDA

View Full Version : bilstein hd or sport?Which spring pads?send pics also

coolcarlskic43
05-14-2004, 06:54 AM
I am putting the eibach prokit springs on my c43.(1.2drop.)I plan on keeping my monoblock 17's on.
I just want to know which bilstein shock I should use(hd or sport) & does anyone have pics of there w202 lowered with 17"rims or 17" mono's on preferably.
Please list the spring pads that are on the car I just need an idea of what I want my car to look like.

marksbenz
05-14-2004, 08:08 AM
Go with number 1 pads on all fours. As for shocks i'll go with Bilstein sports.

hvmercy
05-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Here's mine.
Eibach Pro kit, Koni adjustables,
17" AMG Monoblock 170 staggered application and
#3 pads all around (stock).

http://gallery.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/imageview/140594/1

coolcarlskic43
05-14-2004, 11:35 AM
very nice ,but is the front fender gap wider than the rear with the #3 pad settup you have there?#3 in the back looks good though!
Overall car looks great..

OK any others! Keep the PICS COMING! I definitely wanna see the different pad setups!

crazy00c230k
05-14-2004, 01:42 PM
i dont think the gap is any different, his cars just parked on a slope, mine does the same thing parked on the drive way, i think its the eibach springs, from what i can remember when i installed them, only the back were progressive(someone please correct me if im wrong....ive been wondering about this for a while...haha), so when its parked on a hill it leans back a little bit

coolcarlskic43
05-14-2004, 01:49 PM
The fronts usually require a lower #pad than the rear for the gap space difference yes no? Too make the car appear even,I just wanna be sure.

hvmercy
05-14-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by crazy00c230k
i dont think the gap is any different, his cars just parked on a slope, mine does the same thing parked on the drive way, i think its the eibach springs, from what i can remember when i installed them, only the back were progressive(someone please correct me if im wrong....ive been wondering about this for a while...haha), so when its parked on a hill it leans back a little bit

Yeah, my driveway is inclined so that makes the back of the car
to bottom out.

hvmercy
05-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
The fronts usually require a lower #pad than the rear for the gap space difference yes no? Too make the car appear even,I just wanna be sure.

Yep.
Here's how I look at it. Follow the grey moulding from back to
front, notice the arch on the front is higher compared to the
rear. IMO, the drop on my car is just right however some
people disagree. With 4 people inside the car, it drops even
further so I wouldn't lower it anymore than it is.

Also, I don't think the Konis are good, perhaps I'll be changing
them later on.

KenzBenz
05-15-2004, 11:01 PM
whats wrong with the koni's?? heh let me know if you sell them later on. =)