PDA

View Full Version : Radio Shutting off and on...

DaLawTx
05-14-2004, 10:51 PM
Hey guys,

I searched the forums and didn't see anything resembling this issue so here goes.. Tonight on my way home from work, my 94' C 280 is at a stop light. All of a sudden, the radio goes dead, im still seeing power to it, but the backlight is off and no sound is coming out. Then when I accelerate, the car starts doing the sluggish chug back and forth for about 30 seconds and then everything evens out. Radio works for about 5 miles then, when im using my turn signal, its going on and off with every click of the signal. Now, Im PRAYING TO GOD that this isn't a *wiring harness issue* as I have seen others suffer the great misfortune of having. But do you guys have any suggestions about what the heck is going on here?

Background: This car was stored for about a year, driven about 8 times in that year... and when i purchased it, it went in for service and had new plugs, thermostat, and head valve gasket replaced. :confused:

slowpoke
05-16-2004, 03:07 AM
still have that problem now... don't worry its not a wiring harness problem :)

i changed my engine wiring harness also, as it was already brittle but it didn't solve the problem.

fastmayte
05-16-2004, 06:35 AM
alternator could be running weak

DaLawTx
05-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Hey guys,

Should you ever find yourself in Austin, Texas and in need of a fantastic Benz mechanic, Ben's Workshop is your place. Ben hooked my car up, found out that the Alternator was toast, and that was causing performance and radio issues. While in there, he alerted me to the cracking serpentine belt and tensioner. Anyways, I wanted to let yall know that you were right on about the alternator being the cause of the issue.

Thanks again guys!

Angela