PDA

View Full Version : Breaking a radiator hose after driving hard on my 94' C280

julesrey
05-15-2004, 05:45 AM
Hello everyone! has anybody encountered breaking their radiator hose or any hose in the water line after driving their cars hard.

It happened to me thrice. On my way home I was driving like 140 to 200kms in a 30km drive. The next day I noticed that I broke a radiator hose. Whats up with that? At first I thought it was just normal wear and tear but the second time I broke the hose at the back of the engine, the third time it was the main radiator hose again. The common denominator I think is everytime driving it hard maybe its related to the water pressure or temp.

Guys I need your expertise on this? Thanks

hvmercy
05-15-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by julesrey
Hello everyone! has anybody encountered breaking their radiator hose or any hose in the water line after driving their cars hard.

It happened to me thrice. On my way home I was driving like 140 to 200kms in a 30km drive. The next day I noticed that I broke a radiator hose. Whats up with that? At first I thought it was just normal wear and tear but the second time I broke the hose at the back of the engine, the third time it was the main radiator hose again. The common denominator I think is everytime driving it hard maybe its related to the water pressure or temp.

Guys I need your expertise on this? Thanks

Perhaps it's time to replace all hoses in your car.
Try to use a good quality hose.

:)