PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy brake pads...

Rocky
05-17-2004, 09:17 AM
Needing to change them soon. I'm going to try something different then OEM cause the dust is just buggin me.

I think i'm going to get the Axxis Deluxe front pads witht he stick C36 rotors.

I have no idea where to purchase them, (In canada preferably).

Any ideas?

fastmayte
05-17-2004, 05:54 PM
check

www.importec.com

they got the best prices so far. i'm about to get some pagids or axxis from there.

Rocky
05-17-2004, 06:34 PM
thanks mang...i don't see axxxis on there but how's the pagid ones? or which ones are good with no dust?

Pagid, PBR, ATE?

PBR ceramics any good?

fastmayte
05-17-2004, 06:37 PM
hey, oh i think PBR and axxis is the same thing. or one of them is the same as axxis. forgot which one.

i bought these pagids for the front on ebay for 40 bucks shipped. so i'm thinkin of going pagids in the back too. haven't installed them yet, waitting to get the bback ones and reline all rotors.

i think pagids and pbr/axxis are ok. haven't heard anything about ate's. and axxis is the best or so i've heard so far

SLAMMED_C
05-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Ive only heard people talk about the porterfield pads.. any good?? I am in need of front and rear brake pads myself.. brake wear light on!! fronts setting it off, but rears not too far behind. I need a dustless pad too.. the factory pads give off way too much dust.. I wash my wheels and the next day they are coated again.. I cant stand it. so I need a near dustless pad that still gives a comparable brake feel and stopping power of OEM.
I am also interested in a set of cross drilled and slotted rotors too.. as I need to replace discs also. what companies out there make such a thing.. and are of good quality and comparable to OEM?.
Thanks

kameraguy
05-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Try mercedesshop.com for the PBRs. I ordered a set for my car last week. Free shipping over $100. So I bought some other stuff too.

Not to say they will always do this, but I was surprised my order came overnight for free!

Amazing.

JRE320
05-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by kameraguy
Try mercedesshop.com for the PBRs. I ordered a set for my car last week. Free shipping over $100. So I bought some other stuff too.

Not to say they will always do this, but I was surprised my order came overnight for free!

Amazing.

Reason why your parts came in overnight coz they order it from a
wholesale warehouse here in Fremont. LOL!!! :D :p :cool:

kameraguy
05-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Awe shiet! And here I thought I was special or something. Egg on my face! :rolleyes: :p

Rocky
05-23-2004, 06:57 AM
I ordered my self os Axxis Deluxe Plus pads. Should be here this week. Can't wait.

JRE320
05-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
Ive only heard people talk about the porterfield pads.. any good?? I am in need of front and rear brake pads myself.. brake wear light on!! fronts setting it off, but rears not too far behind. I need a dustless pad too.. the factory pads give off way too much dust.. I wash my wheels and the next day they are coated again.. I cant stand it. so I need a near dustless pad that still gives a comparable brake feel and stopping power of OEM.
I am also interested in a set of cross drilled and slotted rotors too.. as I need to replace discs also. what companies out there make such a thing.. and are of good quality and comparable to OEM?.
Thanks

Porterfield pads my friend.... ;) :) :cool:

SLAMMED_C
05-26-2004, 07:39 PM
I was searching the mercedesshop.com site for brake parts...
PBR is porterfield pads right??
has anyone heard of Zimmermann cross drilled rotors??? any good?
Im in the market for pads and rotors.. Id like to go cross drilled, are the brembo discs cross drilled??
and since porterfield doesnt make a rear pad.. what is a better pad??..ATE or Textar?
thanks.