View Full Version : wich is the best supercharger?

jstrat85
05-17-2004, 05:06 PM
hi there my freind got a 1996 c220 and he wants to know wich is the best supercharger out there and how much does it go for? and also about how much hp would you get out of it?thanks:)

jnolte
05-17-2004, 05:12 PM
renntech
kleeman
HPS

all make blower systems

IMO not worth the money.

I would go custom turbo with a C220/230

sweet!

edit:no SC for c220

Renn 208
05-17-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
renntech
kleeman
HPS

all make blower systems

IMO not worth the money cuz its gunna runn you at least 8Gs up to 14gs and its not good gains on a c220.

I would go custom turbo with a C220/230

sweet!

May I ask why you're name dropping companies that don't have any applications for his car? And how can you say "it's not good gains on a c220" have you ever seen a supercharged c220 from one of those companies?

jnolte
05-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
May I ask why you're name dropping companies that don't have any applications for his car?

i dont think any companies do, those companies do make supercharger systems.

thats y he should go turbo!

Renn 208
05-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
i dont think any companies do, those companies do make supercharger systems.

thats y he should go turbo!

So next time, maybe the more informative answer would be:

No one on the market currently makes, nor has plans to make a supercharger for your car.

The way you've posted makes it seem like you're putting down supercharging systems that don't even exist. Additionally, the fact that you mention only companies that have MB systems and you've left out cos. like Vortech and Eaton, might lead a reader to think that it's possible to get a C220K from the companies you mentioned. Tis better to inform than mis-lead.

josh k
05-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Go with a Vortech setup. A carb approved system is in the works for all 4, 6, and 8 cylinder models and will be considerably less than comparable Kleemann systems (and unilke those, it will be available for 4 cylinder 202s.

It's currently still in development, but I'll post more details as they become available :0)

Merc600sec
05-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Eaton bolt on for your setup, the smaller one but $th generation, look at
eatonsuperchargers.com.. you can sort it from there:eek:

Merc600sec
05-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Eaton bolt on for your setup, the smaller one but 4th generation, look at
eatonsuperchargers.com.. you can sort it from there:eek: 40+% with no big mods - WOW

Ahmad
05-18-2004, 01:25 PM
i got it for ya ;)
http://www.mosselmanturbo.com
then click on specifications

HPS
06-08-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by josh k
Go with a Vortech setup. A carb approved system is in the works for all 4, 6, and 8 cylinder models and will be considerably less than comparable Kleemann systems (and unilke those, it will be available for 4 cylinder 202s.

It's currently still in development, but I'll post more details as they become available :0)

Josh,

I believe this system is being design by a Orange County tuner.

At least a dozen individuals have mentioned this to me. From my understanding this system will be based on a Vortech type set up similar to ESS Tuning & Lorinser out Europe. Dyno tuning, fuel management (Flashing) will be performed by a local Orange County tuner on a 4 wheel Mustang dyno.

The more competition the better!

Good luck with the system Josh!

josh k
06-08-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by HPS
Josh,

I believe this system is being design by a Orange County tuner.

At least a dozen individuals have mentioned this to me. From my understanding this system will be based on a Vortech type set up similar to ESS Tuning & Lorinser out Europe. Dyno tuning, fuel management (Flashing) will be performed by a local Orange County tuner on a 4 wheel Mustang dyno.

The more competition the better!

Good luck with the system Josh!

You're ablsolutely right. By the way, how was the HPS meet? I was bummed that I couldn't go, I had to go to some graduation thing for my sister. I really wanted to check out the new HPS system and do a baseline dyno pull.

nukblazi
06-08-2004, 05:32 PM
mustang dyno... :)

Does anyone out there have a dynojet?

jstrat85
06-20-2004, 04:32 PM
guys thank you for the information!!! ill keep you updated!:D

nukblazi
06-21-2004, 03:20 PM
For a matter of fact answer to your question,

A twin screw supercharger will be the best, most efficient, highest HP producing unit while retaining streetability.

Lysholm has some bad ass unit
I just contacted Kenne-Bell to try to have a custom unit built for my car

jstrat85
06-21-2004, 05:43 PM
about how much hp do you get out of it and about how much is it?:D

nukblazi
06-21-2004, 07:17 PM
either one of those would be custom... no one makes a kit. So really, how much HP and cost is up to you.

I am still waiting to hear back from Kenne-bell, but the charger itself just needs to fit in the area of my original unit, and have similar structure, inlet and outloet locations. I'll have to fab mounts, etc.