PDA

View Full Version : Do Any MB Windows Come Tinted @ Factory

speedybenz
05-26-2003, 09:16 PM
My 1999, C280 sport had lightly tinted rear and rear side windows. Was this something that came from the factory or was this done by an aftermarket shop?

I am wanting to know because the C43 I just bought has no tinting on the window at all and I would like to have the rear window and rear side windows tinted.

But I do not want to deal with a flim that had bubbles or other imperfections that make the tinting look like a slab of plastic draped on the glass.

My old C280 windows looked like the tinting was a part of the window.

Jeff

nokia8860
05-26-2003, 09:41 PM
When looking for rear door glass there doesnt seem to be different part numbers for tint or non tint. There is only one type and its listed as Heat Absorbing.

I know on my car it looks lightly tinted and even says tinted on all the glass. But its nowhere near the tinting the shops do.

pnsji
05-26-2003, 10:32 PM
It should come with factory.
Can you check if the glass is securit?
the tint from factory is very light.

speedybenz
05-27-2003, 11:09 AM
I guess I am refering to a tint that would be say 15-20 percent. It would be noticably darker than the front windows, but you can still see through it easy enough.

I just checked and the car does have the Securit glass all around.

Jeff

Denlasoul
05-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Mine has a slight tint all around. It's that funky green-ish hue. Cannot really tell unless you look really closely. I would suspect yours is the same.

nokia8860
05-27-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Mine has a slight tint all around. It's that funky green-ish hue. Cannot really tell unless you look really closely. I would suspect yours is the same.

thats the colour. funky aint it. i suspect that jeff's previous car may have been lightly tinted by aftermarket then.

Brabus
05-27-2003, 01:50 PM
It should come with that bluish tint from AMG... Kinda like on Renn's car I think

MBenzNL
06-10-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Brabus
It should come with that bluish tint from AMG... Kinda like on Renn's car I think
NOT on the W202...the W202 only had 1 color and darkness tint all around...

greetingz,