PDA

View Full Version : Sport and Hd's

coolcarlskic43
05-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Is there a ride difference between the Bilstein sport and the HD"s?

manny
05-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
Is there a ride difference between the Bilstein sport and the HD"s?

No.
They are valved the same, but the Sports have a shorter shaft, as they are designed to be used with lowering springs. ;)

coolcarlskic43
05-18-2004, 11:47 AM
So since I'll be using eibach's are the HD's completely out of the question? I would have thought that the longer shaft would give a smoother ride correct?

Rocky
05-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
So since I'll be using eibach's are the HD's completely out of the question? I would have thought that the longer shaft would give a smoother ride correct?

If you put your stock spring beside your eibach spring. You' ll notice that the eibach spring is shorter. The shorter shock compensates for the short spring.

SLAMMED_C
05-19-2004, 07:53 PM
I think the stock shocks in ur c-class are bilstein hd's... and Im pretty sure the bilstein sports are valved differently to give a slightly sportier ride.

Eurosport
05-19-2004, 09:40 PM
i wouldn't put HD on a c43

coolcarlskic43
05-20-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Eurosport
i wouldn't put HD on a c43 other than the height,whats the difference? They're both valved the same.

Eurosport
05-20-2004, 09:01 AM
i can't say anything about how it's valved
but what i can say is that H&Rs/bilstein sport is more comfy than stock AMG calibrated springs/shocks and yet a lot stiffer when needed cornering, no nose dive etc.
now Eibachs are even a little more comfy than H&R's so would be pretty comfy set up compared to stock imo

if i remember reading correctly HD's are calibrated a lot softer than sports but then it's been awhile...