PDA

View Full Version : New HID's

Kswiss
05-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Im planning on getting new HID kit for my 99 c class. Does anybody have any suggestions on what temp kit i should get. I'm thinking about a 8000K to get that purple tint from the light. Can someone please tell me what looks the best and also what corner light they put to match the headlights? I dont want to use the amber colored corner lights.. i want to match the hid lights with the corner lights...thanks for the help!

mbsickness
05-22-2004, 02:06 PM
I would get the OEM lights vs. a retrofit kit personally. Can't beat OEM and from what I have read on this and other boards is that the retrofit kits produce a good amount of glare. Plus the OEM lights have the good 'ol "DOT" mark on them.

Kswiss
05-22-2004, 03:07 PM
The oem hid kit can run up to over a grand. =( I can get phillips or hella hid kit for half that at least!

crazy00c230k
05-22-2004, 05:47 PM
i have oem hid's and i love them....i think its worth the money, but if your going retrofit, ive heard around 4700k provides the best visibility, and they still look pretty cool, i personally wouldnt go over 6000 cuz from what i heard thats the point at which you really start to sacrifice visibility for looks....

J Irwan
06-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by crazy00c230k
i have oem hid's and i love them....i think its worth the money, but if your going retrofit, ive heard around 4700k provides the best visibility, and they still look pretty cool, i personally wouldnt go over 6000 cuz from what i heard thats the point at which you really start to sacrifice visibility for looks....

Yupe,

the choice is up to you, if you do a search in this forum the topic has been discussed many times.

The reflector shape on the HID and non-HID (halogen) also different... where the halogen shaped is square and the HID has one side parabolic..

Here is my car with OEM - Bosch (I bought them from Bekker)
They are Euro-spec with built vacuum motor and city light :)

http://onfinite.three10.com/libraries/21353/a08.jpg

At night the light output is white-bluish..

Regardz,

Kswiss
06-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Damn that looks nice, but I wouldn't feel right paying that much for lights..On the other hand, if i had a c43or c36 , I would buy them ..know what im saying? But for now, i'm going to put in the aftermarket hid's and pray for the best....

I was wondering what the difference would be between the light output.. I understand that i will have major glare, but i have a solution for this. Are there any other cons?