PDA

View Full Version : What happned to my A/C?

coolcarlskic43
05-24-2004, 02:34 AM
Had system charged in Fla in April.A/C wrked fine. Nothing but warm air coming out now(June). A/C fans under hood not coming on.I can hear or rather notice a lil chng when I turn on the the fan motor switch,but the air is nowhere as cool as it use to be. Could I possibly have a leak or do these compressors go as well. A/C fans dont kick on. I hope I dont have a leak because I haven't used the a/c much at all since coming bac to ny in April.

adelaros
05-24-2004, 07:52 AM
Check your compressor...it might be damage. Take your can to any shop , they will tell you if you need to replace the compressor. It does not have to be the dealer , any shop will do.

SLAMMED_C
05-24-2004, 02:41 PM
sound slike you may have a freon leak.. I have this problem myself.. no cold air at all coming out.. just warm air blowing from vents.. I think I have a leak.. or did have a leak.. no freon now!!

coolcarlskic43
05-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Gonna make appt with MB this week incase system has a leak or compressor is shot.How the hell could this damn thing leak though?The car was never hit on the front end or anything! Good thing I purchased an extended warranty,especiallly if the compressor took a flight.:cool:

SLAMMED_C
05-24-2004, 03:29 PM
how the hell could this damn thing leak though?
well.. it can leak at the fitting.. at sensors.. at the condensor, in the evaporator. many places.. and it doesnt matter if you havent been hit in an accident.. just over time seals diminish and leak.. as well as components wear or corrode.

coolcarlskic43
05-24-2004, 03:41 PM
This is so tru ..Thanx!!!!