PDA

View Full Version : HPS control unit and ASR

coolcarlskic43
05-25-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm wondering if any one with the HPS supercharger kit can tell me whether the control unit that comes with the kit kills the annoying ASR issue? Or is it still present?Called HPS but got Ans machine. I need to email them.

Rocky
05-25-2004, 04:50 PM
ohh...just a brain fart but if they had a blower for my C36, it would kick ass since I don't have ASR :D

coolcarlskic43
05-25-2004, 05:43 PM
:bunny: :D :p

Denlasoul
05-25-2004, 06:47 PM
talk to moebiusgold. he is a member here with a C43 with HPS blower.

moebiusgold
05-25-2004, 09:16 PM
The HPS unit does not do a thing to the ESP (I assume that is what you meant by ASR, I thought '98 C43's have ESP). Just like in the older models, turn it off with the switch. ESP seems to work a lot better than the ASR does (did) on my '95. On my '95 it was so obnoxious that I killed it. Until you get used to the blower I would reccomend leaving the switch (ESP) on. The blower is on demand and as you cross 0 manifold pressure you get full boost. If you are in a turn, and the engine is bogging when this happens, it can be a handfull. Nothing like a bunch of wheel spinning torque when you don't expect it.

coolcarlskic43
05-26-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by moebiusgold
The HPS unit does not do a thing to the ESP (I assume that is what you meant by ASR, I thought '98 C43's have ESP). Just like in the older models, turn it off with the switch. ESP seems to work a lot better than the ASR does (did) on my '95. On my '95 it was so obnoxious that I killed it. Until you get used to the blower I would reccomend leaving the switch (ESP) on. The blower is on demand and as you cross 0 manifold pressure you get full boost. If you are in a turn, and the engine is bogging when this happens, it can be a handfull. Nothing like a bunch of wheel spinning torque when you don't expect it. I'm sorry you're right ESP..

coolcarlskic43
05-26-2004, 12:57 AM
The HPS unit does not do a thing to the ESP (I assume that is what you meant by ASR, I thought '98 C43's have ESP). Just like in the older models, turn it off with the switch. ESP seems to work a lot better than the ASR does (did) on my '95. On my '95 it was so obnoxious that I killed it. Until you get used to the blower I would reccomend leaving the switch (ESP) on. The blower is on demand and as you cross 0 manifold pressure you get full boost. If you are in a turn, and the engine is bogging when this happens, it can be a handfull. Nothing like a bunch of wheel spinning torque when you don't expect it. Do you own a c36 with a blower or a c43 with one?

Denlasoul
05-26-2004, 05:33 AM
Last time I saw moebiusgold, he has a C36 (no blower) and a C43 with a blower.

jnolte
05-26-2004, 01:35 PM
i am pretty sure its

C43 HPS blower

C36 N/A

moebiusgold
05-26-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
i am pretty sure its

C43 HPS blower

C36 N/A

That's correct.

nukblazi
06-06-2004, 07:19 PM
The blower is on demand and as you cross 0 manifold pressure you get full boost. If you are in a turn, and the engine is bogging when this happens, it can be a handfull. Nothing like a bunch of wheel spinning torque when you don't expect it. What exactly is happening, this sounds a miss... i.e., shouldn't be happening...

moebiusgold
06-13-2004, 07:16 PM
That's just the way it is. That is why I reccomend leaving on the ESP until you get used to modulating the gas peddle a lot differently than when things were N.A. The worst that you'll do is wear out the rear brakes faster. Cheap in the big picture.