PDA

View Full Version : Window tinting.. how dark should I go?

SLAMMED_C
05-25-2004, 06:54 PM
I will be getting my windows tinted soon.. in the next week or 2 I think.. I was wondering how dark I should go??.. I want it to be dark, but not too dark that its gonna attract attention (the cops!!) and be difficult to see out of at night.. what percentage is a good?? Im not familiar with what the percentages look like.. and when I get them tinted its not like I can look at examples.. Im getting hooked up with tints at a custom shop. this guy just comes in whenever they need a car tinted. so I will have to tell him how dark I want it.
any pics would be of help too and of course include tint percentage.
thanks.

Kswiss
05-25-2004, 09:00 PM
I have limo titanium...darkest it could get (from what i was told)..the only reason i have it this dark is because my car is black..i guess it all depends on what color your car is....if silver..you might want to look into getting that "mirror" look tint....like a medium darkness..looks reall good on silver cars....but if black or white car..i suggest going dark tint.....but for the best bang for your buck..go for the titanium tint...theres like 2 kinds or something....but make sure you tell them u want titanium..for this is the better type of tint....than just regular tint...

jnolte
05-25-2004, 10:12 PM
i am getting tint tommorw

i am getting 20% all around

nudymeyer6
05-26-2004, 01:42 PM
yo jnolte, do you mean 20% darker or lets 20% of the light in because i have heard tint referred to in both those ways. wondering what all of you think is the right way to say it?

jnolte
05-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by nudymeyer6
yo jnolte, do you mean 20% darker or lets 20% of the light in because i have heard tint referred to in both those ways. wondering what all of you think is the right way to say it?

lets in 20% of the light

yeah its illegal but only state PD gots tint meters in my state ;)

Kswiss
05-26-2004, 05:27 PM
If you are going to get a tint that is illegal..why not go all out and get the darkest you can get...it only adds better look to the car....
over here (cali) i got pulled over numerous times for the tint..., no front licence plate etc....but theres a trick involved....the cops say to take it off go to the police department and get it signed off...but there's a loophole...you can just pay off the ticket for like 70 bucks...(w/o taking off tint)i remember paying under 100...and that's it.....this saves alot of time and money......btw..how much did you guys pay for your tint job?

SLAMMED_C
05-26-2004, 06:16 PM
My car is black (040).. I want dark but not too dark that its gonna be difficult to see out of at night.. and I dont need the hasstle of the cops either.

Kswiss
05-26-2004, 06:50 PM
I got some good hiding spots in the w202...anyway....how much they quoting you?

SLAMMED_C
05-26-2004, 07:35 PM
I got some good hiding spots in the w202...anyway....how much they quoting you?
Well Im not too sure how much its gonna be.. my buddy got his toyota matrix tinted up 2 weeks ago.. they charged him $225 canadian. he did a really nice job.

tinter101
05-26-2004, 08:24 PM
I do this for a living and I have 35% on my C43. This will pass
in most states and is not too dark at night. I suggest Llumar
brand tint, it comes with a lifetime warranty that includes fading.
If you prefer the silver look ask for Platinum Plus by Llumar. The
regular ATR by Llumar is very popular. E-mail me direct for any questions.

pokerface
05-27-2004, 06:13 AM
slammed C,

35% is dark enough, i think. most people I know of get that tint and don't get any problems.

SLAMMED_C
05-30-2004, 05:25 PM
Well I got it done.. and it looks good.. chekc my new thread I started for pics...