PDA

View Full Version : Need help with seat

C280 JR
05-30-2004, 07:57 AM
I just noticed that i have a small cut on my seat, and next to that the seat is starting to tear along the stiching, what can i do to fix this, is there any glue or something out there?

Elvir

slugger
05-30-2004, 02:46 PM
I used Leatherique for a BMW last year and it worked great. A good frind of mine has restored 4 MB's with it and swears by it.

http://www.leatherique.com/

The website can be a bit confusing, but once you figure it out, it's not too bad. they have some cool before and after pics.

It's the only thing I've ever heard that really works for leather repair. The thing is, it's good for tears, but I have no idea what will happen along the stitching, or what you can do to slow it down.

There are definitely other products out there, but I know this one works.

Good luck!

SLAMMED_C
06-06-2004, 02:17 PM
I know there are many companies that offer a DIY vinyl repair for tears.. as for the stiching.. you may want to take that to an interior upholstry shop to have restiched if possible.. or an easier repair for both problems is to go to the dealer and buy a new seat pad... but it means taking out your seat and disassembling it to replace the torn seat pad. removing the seat bottom and replacing the vinyl pad over the seat foam.

Ethan
10-20-2006, 02:04 AM
anyone share instructions or experience on replacing front seat bottom cover? My MB tex has a torn seam.