PDA

View Full Version : help car squeaks, feel like im in a mitsu ;)

jnolte
06-11-2004, 01:10 AM
damn

after getting the new H&Rs installed and the sub pounding my car. The back deck area now squeaks like a mofo. Its bad too, so bad i cant stand it. its loud squeaking too. i cant pinpoint the location either, i had a freind drive and i sat in the back seat and no luck! any body experience this?

jnolte
06-11-2004, 01:11 AM
could it be the rear springs not sitting right? happened after i got them installed.

but it sounds like the rear deck where the back headrests lay or the back seat
HELP!

marksbenz
06-11-2004, 05:19 AM
I get that squeak too... Its coming from my rear headrest. I just put it down and put it back up again and the squeak is gone. But it comes back later on. I dont know whats wrong with it....

ryhi
06-11-2004, 06:29 AM
is it inside or outside the car? i used to have squeaks from my spring pads, but i took them out n sprayed them with oil n ish!!

jnolte
06-12-2004, 01:50 PM
FIXED!!

i oiled the clip that clamps into the car when you close the folding seats and it stoped squeaking.

moebiusgold
06-13-2004, 06:55 PM
So how did you figure that that was where the squeek was comming from? I like the fix. A couple of cents of oil. Way to go!

jnolte
06-14-2004, 01:36 AM
how did i figure out wear the squeak was coming from?

well me and my GF were in the back making some squeaks of our own and she poninted it out jk hahaha

no i was getting desperate and couldent think of where it was coming from.

so i just started oiling parts that may squeak, i oiled any moving parts on the back seat area, first part i oiled was the folding seat brackets and drove it around the block, it no longer squeaks at all!