PDA

View Full Version : Alutec Wheels

slugger
06-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Anyone have those Alutec DTM or Pro wheels?

They are replica monoblock style wheels.

I was just curious if anyone tried them. I am looking for 17 or 18 inch wheels and I like the look of that style.

Are there any negatives as far as wear or performance that you've experienced? They just seem like an affordable alternative.

Thanks!

dwang
06-14-2004, 10:28 AM
I currently have a set of Alutec 18" Carlsson 16 spoke replica rims on my W202. Purchased for about $400 (included chrome valve stems, chrome valve stem caps, and center caps) and it was a steal. They are basically throw away rims if I should curb them...

There are no ill performance effects with the rims. They perform just fine. The only downside is that the center caps are smaller than MB caps so you have to use their caps.

Dave

jnolte
06-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by dwang
I currently have a set of Alutec 18" Carlsson 16 spoke replica rims on my W202. Purchased for about $400 (included chrome valve stems, chrome valve stem caps, and center caps) and it was a steal. They are basically throw away rims if I should curb them...

There are no ill performance effects with the rims. They perform just fine. The only downside is that the center caps are smaller than MB caps so you have to use their caps.

Dave

for 400!! daymn!!! thats a steal! u lucky!

dwang
06-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
for 400!! daymn!!! thats a steal! u lucky!

Right place at the right time, I guess... It was at store that specializes in after markets parts for BMWs. They just happen to have one set of wheels in 18 x 8.5, 5 X 112 bolt pattern, and 35mm offset, perfect for the W202. They had ordered the wrong wheels for a customer. I told them $400 for the set and they said yes.

Funny thing is, I went there with a friend that owns an E30 M3. He went there to get some parts and walked out with nothing... I got a set of wheels.

Dave

jnolte
06-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by dwang
Right place at the right time, I guess... It was at store that specializes in after markets parts for BMWs. They just happen to have one set of wheels in 18 x 8.5, 5 X 112 bolt pattern, and 35mm offset, perfect for the W202. They had ordered the wrong wheels for a customer. I told them $400 for the set and they said yes.

Funny thing is, I went there with a friend that owns an E30 M3. He went there to get some parts and walked out with nothing... I got a set of wheels.

Dave

u got pics of them on your car? i love the 1/16 replica or not

dwang
06-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Just got a new camera. I'll snap some pics next time the car is cleaned up. In the meantime, just picture Nokia's car in black.

Dave

slugger
06-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the info and also the news about the center caps.

I have no problem using their caps, as long as they stay on. :-)

I just really like the price...it allows me to get great tires on them as well.

Thanks again.