PDA

View Full Version : Squeeks when going over bumps

Taplin06
06-11-2004, 08:26 PM
About a week after purchasing my 95 C220 I noticed it beginning to "squeek" when going over bumps.

This continued until finally it began squeeking while driving even on smooth roads and when accelerating/stopping. However after large downpours of rain the squeeking would usually stop for a day or two.

Finally, I took the car to a mechanic who told me it was the struts and bushings. He replaced both, which came to $575.

Now today, after a pleasant day of absolutely no high pitch squeeks, it has begun to squeek again tonight. Not nearly as bad, but whenever I slow down usually. This leads me to believe it is the brakes?

However, when I apply WD40 or w/e to the bushing things under the wheel well it stops all together for about 7 or 8 hours.

What could this be?!! Thanx!

:(

Taplin06
06-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Oops, I know, I know this should have gone under repairs but I had trouble finding it! Sorry!

Any ideas though guys?

Eurosport
06-12-2004, 04:08 AM
how low are your brake pads? also how do the rotors look?

nukblazi
06-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Squeak? Sounds like Poly U sway bar bushings...

Taplin06
06-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Hey, thanx for the replies guys! Well I took the car to my local Mercedes mechanic. He says it needs new brake pads and rotors.

Apparently, the last owner installed the wrong size brake pads. They still worked, but were wearing out very fast.