PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Seats Controls

adelaros
06-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Has any one experince problems with their electronic controls of the pasanger and driver seats. My seats work half of the time.... Its is not that I move the seats much but it just bugs me that they dont work all the time the way they should.

hvmercy
06-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by adelaros
Has any one experince problems with their electronic controls of the pasanger and driver seats. My seats work half of the time.... Its is not that I move the seats much but it just bugs me that they dont work all the time the way they should.

In addition to what adelaros is asking,
I want to find out what it will take to mod a non electric
passenger seat.

I realise that I need:
1. motor $$$
2. frame(?) $$$
3. electric controls $$$

Is the 97 C230 prewired for this?

STEVE: do you carry these parts?

adelaros: Sorry bout jacking your thread man.

adelaros
06-15-2004, 11:28 AM
hvmercy dont worry...

As long as my Thread is not lost...

Kswiss
06-15-2004, 01:20 PM
I've had my car since 99 and I only have one problem with the seats...when i control the seat back on my passenger side...it makes a squeeky , grinding noise..maybe due to lack of oil? i don't know , its kind of random......But i suggest going to the dealer and tell them to fix it ...if your still under warranty..

kameraguy
06-15-2004, 02:14 PM
On my driver side I lost the power headrest function. And sometimes the seat incline function doesn't work. It's intermittent.

Is it easy to open up the door panel? Maybe this is something we can check ourselves.

I am hoping it is a lose connection on the door switches. If not myself, then I am planning to have this checked out in two weeks. I'll let you know what they find.

Kswiss
06-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by kameraguy
On my driver side I lost the power headrest function. And sometimes the seat incline function doesn't work. It's intermittent.

Is it easy to open up the door panel? Maybe this is something we can check ourselves.

I am hoping it is a lose connection on the door switches. If not myself, then I am planning to have this checked out in two weeks. I'll let you know what they find.

Let me know if it's easy to open up the door panel....I have to take out my interior pieces....thanks!

ja2k
06-15-2004, 08:42 PM
On my driver side I lost the power headrest function. And sometimes the seat incline function doesn't work.

I have this problem as well, did anyone find any answers?

Thanks

KenzBenz
06-16-2004, 12:37 AM
my passanger side rarely works..i goes down but not up. and on a random day it'll go up a little and work..but most days i doesnt work at all.