PDA

View Full Version : more problems!! Door lock vacum pump

trueog
06-17-2004, 12:51 AM
hey guys, my air mass meter is already dead...yesterday i go to open my door locks, and only one lock opened...MY power lock VACUM DIED!!....i took it to the mechanic and he told me my vacum motor located in the trunk is dead. Also i wuz low on gas and he showed me how to override the motor to release the gas cover and unlock it....if anyone wants to know...on the passenger side in the trunk, behind the carpeted plastic moulding, their is the vacum motor and a red switch to unlock the gas cap. Anyways i've been quoted 1400 canadian for the vacum pump to get my power locks working again. See since the power door locks aren't working i spent all day today figuring out why my car wouldn't start, it wuz totally dead. I called mercedes and they told me, stuff like my alt's dead, or battery....and engine made no cranking noise. I called one of my friends who works at a local honda dealership as a car detailer...lol and he told me what's happening is that my anti-theft is going into effect and i had no mechanical problems. I went outside and after just putting my key in and moving it to unlock position my car started....saved me a bundle in unessary costs....sure if they changed the pump and half my engine my car would work, but its really just the pump. The reason the anti theft is going off in engine kill mode is since....when i flip the key too fast, my locks aren't locking fully so when i enter again from that door the car still thinks its locked and i broke in, since its not fully engaging in the first place to be de-activated....and my engine will not make even a whisper of a sound....also if i unlock the driver side door manually and lock the passenger side manually, once again the last door locked assumes the whole car is locked and the engine will once again be silent. All you have to go is go to any lock, driver, passenger or trunk and just switch it into unlock motion, and my car starts. I just want to warn people that some problems their car might have is becuase of a failing vacum pump.....anyways, has anyone else ever had this problem? i have never seen such a problem like this before.

This part is made by hella and this $1400 dollar part i've been told is made by "Hella" and is in use only on the 94 and 95 C's. Does anyone know how to fix these things or work around it? or know anywhere i can pick this part up for cheaper then 1400 canadian?..... this car after my 10 000 spent on repairs is in need of tonz more.... its getting something like the bushings done on the front end tommorow, for a cost of 99 bucks each, plus 2 and half hours for each side....for 5 hours labour and 200 in parts...so all i'm over 600 in the hole...tommorow.....plus air mass meter, and now this stupid f-in vacum pump...please help me out so i can afford to keep this car runnin this summer.....

p.s. pretty soon i'll need to start a paypal account to accept donations as the underprivlaged owner of a mercedes...lol...:cool:

jnolte
06-17-2004, 01:45 AM
maybe the vaccum tubes got disconnected?

Rocky
06-17-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
maybe the vaccum tubes got disconnected?

Happened to me once on the passenger rear door. The vacuum tuve is not protected and rubs against sharp holes in the door panel. I had to heat shrink one back toegther.

If no door loks work, i would assume it's the pump as well, the pump would make a noise even if no door locks work.

U4611432
06-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Your pump is dead sure. when u unlock the vacum pump is send air to push your lock if your motor is weak or dead the air is not send to unlock so you cant open thedoor

What is your vacum pump model? b coz of it had many type central lock pump on c-class model. it has 2 type. 1.is use one line of vacum 2.it has two line of vacum

this pump in thailand is only 3-500$ dollar. And the second hand is only50$ And many part mercedes-benz in thailand very cheap because of mercedes-benz is very popular inthailand. So Check the method of chiping from thailand because i dont know how to send it to you if you want to buy here

Are you find this part on internet? may be on the web is cheaper than 1400$

dont forgot check part number

I come from benzuser.com it club from thailand. my Eng is not good sorry.