PDA

View Full Version : stealership quote

delisi2322
06-19-2004, 12:40 PM
I took my car to the dealer to get some things covered under my extended warranty that i bought from warranty wizard dont buy this warranty it sucksTHEY DONT COVER SH*T IM RETURNING IT so i talk to my service guy who is pretty cool and found out what is wrong with my car tie rod and drag link assembly-----) $510, front lower ball joints-----) $465, flex disc--) $408, and shifter bushings---)$230, srs light, and diagnosis---)$165 IS ANY OF THIS DYI BECAUSE I AM PRETTY HANDY PLEASE HELP ASAP IF ANYONE CAN SHOW OR EXPLAIN ANY PROCESS'S IT WILL HELP ALOT

714guy
06-19-2004, 05:20 PM
lower ball joint call me 50 and about 2 hours to do in my house. flex dics was 70 bucks plus a few hours of labor. i dont know about the rest, but they don't sound to hard to do.

delisi2322
06-19-2004, 05:31 PM
is there any way you would be able to give me directions as best as you can i would appreciate it alot or else i have to pay for it to get done thanks 714

Cmy220
06-25-2004, 04:43 PM
I have a brand new (still in packaging) drag link/tie rod assembly i'll sell you for $220 plus shipping. it only weighs about 11 pounds so it isn't too expensive for shipping. part #202-460-0405. let me know if you're interested.

714guy
06-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by delisi2322
is there any way you would be able to give me directions as best as you can i would appreciate it alot or else i have to pay for it to get done thanks 714

Ok for the flex dics it basically just seven bolts that connect the driveshaft to the tranny it located under the car right behind the tranny, you have to remove the cover plate to it. the dics if a rubber dics that have 7-8 bolts that is between the driveshaft and the tranny remove bolts, slide back drive shafter remoe flex dics, install new one and tighten bolts. thats basically it, its very self explanitory once you down there.

For the lower ball joint you have to remove the, shocks, sway bar, and top spindle nut that connects the spindle tot he upper control arm. then lower the spindle and then remove the lower ball joint bolt (19mm) that connects the spindle to the lower control arm then remove ball joint and reverse process. I forgot remember to compress the spring by place a jack under the lower control arm before removing the upper spindle nut and the lower one also.

Good lucks i really dont have too much time to go into nitty gritty details. but take a look at the suspension set and you'll see what i am talking about.

you'll need one of these from jc whitney to make it easier
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductDisplay/s-10101/storeId-10101/p-3140/c-10101/catalogId-10101

http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/I14548.gif;pva6e0b021ca48cc78

check your mail i have some pics for you to look at too.

good luck