PDA

View Full Version : cluster problem

jstrat85
06-21-2004, 05:53 PM
hi guys im having a problem with my cluster. sometimes the numbers in the cluster doesnt go on its just a blank screen? why is that?:(

JRE320
06-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Not really the same problem. But if you find out why the lower part of the cluster don't light up let me know. ;)

benzdude
07-03-2004, 10:55 AM
I have a 95 c280.

when I bought my car I noticed that the temp indicator in the cluster didnt light up. I took the cluster out and changed all the bulbs, but it still didnt work.

finally I opened the cluster up and found a hairline crack in the
cluster circuit board across one of the solder tracks. (look very closely)

I bridged the crack with a fine strand of wire ( to maintain the follow of current) and it fixed the problem.

hope that helps

JRE320
07-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by benzdude
I have a 95 c280.

when I bought my car I noticed that the temp indicator in the cluster didnt light up. I took the cluster out and changed all the bulbs, but it still didnt work.

finally I opened the cluster up and found a hairline crack in the
cluster circuit board across one of the solder tracks. (look very closely)

I bridged the crack with a fine strand of wire ( to maintain the follow of current) and it fixed the problem.

hope that helps

Ummm... that could be the answer. I've tried everything and it's still not working. I'll take it out again and take a closer look. Thanks.. ;) :)

Eurosport
07-04-2004, 10:18 PM
hehe mine when i turn on the lights the temp part doesn't light up either, i just tap with my finger on top of the dash and comes on and stays on until next time it's switched off and on.
it's funny to me because i never took the cluster out to fix it or look at it but just found it's little sweet spot 2 years ago and still find it amusing to do it so i never bothered fixing it ;p

zeebenz
07-21-2004, 04:48 PM
im ready to be flamed, jsut cause i have to ask. how do you take out the cluster? i need to clean the stickey residure off the needle rests before winter!

zee

JRE320
07-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by zeebenz
im ready to be flamed, jsut cause i have to ask. how do you take out the cluster? i need to clean the stickey residure off the needle rests before winter!

zee

Get down under and push it from behind.

zeebenz
07-22-2004, 02:01 PM
thanx jre, i would never have guessed it to be that simple

zee

JRE320
07-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by zeebenz
thanx jre, i would never have guessed it to be that simple

zee

;)