View Full Version : Brakes issue?

Eurosport
06-21-2004, 08:27 PM
well here's the deal
i had brake fluid flush done about a month or 2 ago
i installed new rotors and pads porterfields r4s
dealer did the flush
i did the rest
everything fine and dandy, i did forget to put paste on the pads but that's my fault, so a little squicky when just barely touching the pedal
but now i noticed yesterday and today, when i go slow they really squeel when i barely touch it a little louder than before; so i go test them out a little, brakes really good no problems, but when going like 10mph and pushing the brakes not fully hard, but somewhat hard, right side feels to me like a little grinding action, when i realease a little of the pedal of course the squel comes back on, when pushed really hard no squeel no grind unless that medium push, err excuse the long explanation but hard for me to explain what's going on here lol
anyway looking at the wheels everything seems to be in place, a little more dust on the right wheel than on the left which is a definitely change, since i could barely see dust with these pads for quite some time. now in 3 days or so since really cleaned the wheels i see more dust than a weeks use. I know it's been hot here lately but i barely ever use the brakes i don't ride them like normal people that's for sure. I did open the hood today looked at the brake fluid container, and looks like fluid might have come out by the cap a little as the container is oily, I know the cap was secure because i put it on last and double checked it. also fluid is above the max line, now what could have been the cause of this? wrong brake fluid? (remember it's worked ok for 2 months almost but yes temps are higher here lately...) is my right caliper not getting fluid? err any help let me know, i'll have to take stuff apart tomorrow to really inspect more upclose

edit: i know did tell them to put DOT4 fluid in there so i'm not seeing how that's the issue but then you never know.....
tyty

fastmayte
06-22-2004, 08:55 AM
too much to read so i only read the first few lines, but metalic pads are a bit on the noisy/squeely side.

jnolte
06-22-2004, 11:54 AM
perhaps the pad on the side with more dust inst sitting flush and is grinding more? Is there any grooves in the rotor?

ALso where did u get the porterfeild pads at? Are those the non dust ones? I need some new ones....