PDA

View Full Version : C43 Seat Adjusters

rhumb
06-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Hello,

I've been contemplating buying and am thus looking at various C43s around the DC area (anyone got any leads on some nice ones?). Anyhow, one I looked at seemed to have a drivers seatback side bolster that would not hold its air pressure. What should I make of this, i.e., is it a common and easily repaired problem or one that would cost much toil and coin?

On another curiousity, I've noticed several with missing lower front bumper intake grills. Do these tend to fall out easily for some reason or is this just people whacking into curbs and whatnot.

Lastly, are there any C43-specific problem areas I might keep an eye out for as a peruse the market?

Thanks,

Potential C43 owner

WeatherMan
07-03-2004, 07:38 AM
The lower bumper grill does fall off very easily and is not necessarily caused by "wacking"- it is probably better to replace with a different option (mesh, etc), since the dealership will try to get you price-wise.

The airbags in the seat tend to slide out of position or the hoses will tend to blow off the connectors. A little adhesive on the hoses will keep them in the connector and a little playing around with the airbags will get them back in position (make sure to deflate the bag completely by squeezing the air out or it will never slide back into place). You can access both the hoses and the bags through the seat back, just remove the plastic panel covering the entire back of the seat.

Otherwise, as the shop foreman a the dealership here says, the C43 will never leave you stranded on the side of the road- it is pretty bullet-proof if well-taken of (look for proper services, frequent oil changes, adult driver, no signs of abuse).

You will love the C43!!