PDA

View Full Version : engine bouncing

alhacker
06-27-2004, 09:55 PM
hello,
a couple of months ago my engine is ideling very hard so i took it to a mercedes techshop.... they thought it was the MAF so they replaced it .... nothing changed... put back my old MAF .... so they changed the coils ontop of the spark plugs it ran very smooth for a week then same problem... so i went back to the shop changed the spark plugs and it was fine till a week ago ... now when i "stop and go" the car losses all power and as if it wants to switch off... i think the car is running rich... i hear hard bangs in the manifold when i floor it stand still.... what do think is the problem??? i also added stp fuel injector cleaner, new sparks and cleaned the maf nothing changed ... on top all this someone read ended me breaking the rieger addon in 2...

JRE320
06-27-2004, 11:20 PM
It could be your actuator or throttle. And hopefully not and it cost $1300 for parts alone. :)

Paul
06-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by JRE320
It could be your actuator. And hopefully not and it cost $1300 for parts alone. :)
dont want to sound dumb,but is that the fuel actuator?:)

alhacker
06-28-2004, 09:45 PM
i went to another mercedes shop this time and they changed the front spark coil pack only... the car is running better than before.... but i have a feeling that in a few weeks it will go back to be the same...