PDA

View Full Version : any springs on sale?

shinbri116
06-28-2004, 09:28 AM
right now im searching for springs for my 94 c280. If anyone has new springs that there selling, that would be great. Just email me, my email is shinbri116@yahoo.com

KWiK
06-30-2004, 07:27 AM
The Vogtland springs are only $192 (http://www.pure-motorsport.com/products/description.php/II=142/CA=153/PA=7) new.

allirroz
07-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Why such a reasonable price ? Are Vogtland's inferior to the Eibach's, H & R's etc etc ... Or is it because they are new products and have not been tested and proven.

allirroz

1SIKBNZ
07-02-2004, 12:22 AM
i have vogtland and i think they are a great product! plus i feel imo that they offer a much nicer drop than hr and eibach...just my 2 cents....=)

allirroz
07-02-2004, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
i have vogtland and i think they are a great product! plus i feel imo that they offer a much nicer drop than hr and eibach...just my 2 cents....=)

1slkBNZ,
Does it give a good sporty/ firm ride or just a nice drop/ jiggly ride ? I had eibachs before, but on a bavarian make, and I consider them a little jiggly on the short wheel based 3 series bavarians. On the 5 series it performed much better.

Allirroz

KWiK
07-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by allirroz
Why such a reasonable price ?
I'm guessing it's to get noticed here in the USA. They have only been in the USA since 2001. Or maybe they are just of the "large volume makes up for small margins" crowd.

Are Vogtland's inferior to the Eibach's, H & R's etc etc ...
Not at all, maybe even better. They tend to be lighter, use a thinner diameter wire which allows more springs travel, but are stiffer.

Or is it because they are new products and have not been tested and proven.
No this also isn't the case. Vogtland has been making springs since 1908. Some of the most successful NASCAR teams are using Vogtland, including the #8 Bud car.

Luwin1026
07-05-2004, 08:41 PM
For awesome prices/service on Vogtland springs, call Sander at The Wheel Supply (he ships out to you), and tell him Luwin from Club202 sent you.

909-468-1311 (The Wheel Supply)

coolcarlskic43
07-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by allirroz
1slkBNZ,
Does it give a good sporty/ firm ride or just a nice drop/ jiggly ride ? I had eibachs before, but on a bavarian make, and I consider them a little jiggly on the short wheel based 3 series bavarians. On the 5 series it performed much better.

Allirroz The bavarian springs feeelterrible on my 325i. Putting on eibachs.

jnolte
07-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
The bavarian springs feeelterrible on my 325i. Putting on eibachs.

eibachs suck!!! h&r springs are much better. I have had eibachs and they suck

coolcarlskic43
07-27-2004, 02:26 AM
Nah! I had H&R's and they suck,especially on NYC streets.You live in WA where I'm sure the roads are in much better condition.Too bouncy and hard & they sag after a while!That was my experience.And they are priced much cheaper than eibachs. Eibachs have much thicker coils. If you just want looks and very aggressive handling ,then I'd say H&R, but for nice handliing,way better than stock,with comfort and a small drop especially with 18"rims I prefer the eibachs.I have them on all four of my cars.I love em. What problems did you have with the eibachs?