PDA

View Full Version : Lower door trim question

202rules
06-29-2004, 11:23 AM
After putting side skirts on my C280, the lower door trim (the black rubber piece that runs along the bottom of each door) bulges out and looks like it no longer has room.

I called the dealership and they said the C36's lower door trim is different (different part numbers is all they told me), and I could also see from pictures that they seem different.

Will those AMG trim pieces fit on a C280? The ones I have hook up using the white round plastic clips, but the dealer said the part number for the AMG clips was also different.

Anybody with a non AMG car had to do this who has an idea?

Thanks.

hvmercy
06-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by 202rules
After putting side skirts on my C280, the lower door trim (the black rubber piece that runs along the bottom of each door) bulges out and looks like it no longer has room.

I called the dealership and they said the C36's lower door trim is different (different part numbers is all they told me), and I could also see from pictures that they seem different.

Will those AMG trim pieces fit on a C280? The ones I have hook up using the white round plastic clips, but the dealer said the part number for the AMG clips was also different.

Anybody with a non AMG car had to do this who has an idea?

Thanks.

What would it look like if you took it off?

This is also one of the reasons why I hesitate to put my replica
kit on my car. I was quoted by EMC in fremont, CA $2k
to install the kit but I walked away after I heard them
say that.

Try taking it off and see what your car looks like
and make a decision from there.

thanks

202rules
06-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by hvmercy
What would it look like if you took it off?

This is also one of the reasons why I hesitate to put my replica
kit on my car. I was quoted by EMC in fremont, CA $2k
to install the kit but I walked away after I heard them
say that.

Try taking it off and see what your car looks like
and make a decision from there.

thanks

yeah I did that yesterday after seeing it that way, it leaves a big space between the door and the side skirt, i'm afraid that will just create bad wind noise and let water in. Plus, I don't think it looks good.

Lets wait and see if someone here knows if these trim pieces can be replaced with the AMG ones (or I believe the 98+ models come with those too).

202rules
06-30-2004, 06:54 AM
anybody? :bored:

nokia8860
06-30-2004, 07:16 AM
The dealership is correct and you will have to get the new/different trim piece.

FYI: Regardless of engine size a 202 bodypart will fit another 202 bodypart.

202rules
06-30-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
The dealership is correct and you will have to get the new/different trim piece.

FYI: Regardless of engine size a 202 bodypart will fit another 202 bodypart.

Thanks man, I appreciate it, new trim it is.

DRM
06-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey,

Does anyone have the part number for front left / right and rear left / right door trims you need when using C36 sides?

how do you remove these btw? looks like you just pry them off or slide them towards one side?

thanks.

202rules
07-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by DRM
Hey,

Does anyone have the part number for front left / right and rear left / right door trims you need when using C36 sides?

how do you remove these btw? looks like you just pry them off or slide them towards one side?

thanks.

Hey DRM, I'm sorry I don't have part numbers, but are you asking about the rubber thing that runs along the bottom of each door?

I actually never bought the C36 ones. I noticed that the ones that my C280 already had consisted of two parts, the part that clips into the door, and then inserted into it from the side is the rubber flap that can simply be pulled out. I ended up pulling that piece out and I no longer had my problem.

DRM
07-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Hello, yes that piece that runs underneath each door, so you don't have any water leaking in?

202rules
07-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by DRM
Hello, yes that piece that runs underneath each door, so you don't have any water leaking in?

I would say the worst it would get is that the door sills would get wet, but it's something that I happened to notice once or twice when I washed my car. Definitely no water gets into the car where people are sitting, and I remember writing something about worrying about wind noise, I honestly can't notice anything.

I've had it like this for 3 years now, I'd say go for it, and it's not like you'd be doing something that you can't undo, because you can put those rubber pieces back.

tpliquid
07-02-2007, 03:54 PM
i sold hvmercy my side skirts, i think they use the same ones as C36

DRM
07-02-2007, 04:06 PM
ahh okay yeah I have ill. doorsills so don't want to risk it with water lol someone must have these part numbers

202rules
07-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by DRM
ahh okay yeah I have ill. doorsills so don't want to risk it with water lol someone must have these part numbers

Try posting it in the "Part Numbers" forum. I'm sure someone will pick it up. It might be that nobody is paying attention to this thread coz of its title.