PDA

View Full Version : Euro Headlight help

Kswiss
06-30-2004, 05:51 PM
What is the difference between these headlights and the headlights i currently have on my 99 c230? Is the difference between them only the lens? Are these headlights on ebay the same headlights that come from bekkers just without the actually hid light? -Thanks

I have noticed that the bekkers housing has a round shape to the headlight housing. Will these have them too? Here is the site..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7906947669&category=33710

-Thanks

J Irwan
06-30-2004, 09:46 PM
As far as I can tell by looking at the bulb cover (on the back of the headlight), theose ebay auction looks like the older model housing (Pre 1997 model in U.S) that hold H4 bulb...which mean they are the older style.

The newer housings are for H7's builb, and they have separate bulb cover for high-beam and for low-beam.

On another note, I don't think you could get the parabolic HID housing.
Obviously the HID housing is made specifically for the HID application and the reflector has a parabolic shape as you have noticed.

A while back, I asked the dealer how much for the OEM Xenon headlight and that the quoted me for $990 each side (just for the HID headlight assembly and the HID bulb inside). And the ballasts are extra (about $600 each side).
That's why I went with the Bosch HID headlight from the Bekker (I've compared with OEM Xenon which by the way also by bosch , the only different is the Bekker-Bosch HID have vacuum motor built in it, in which allow me for the manual height-adjustment for the headlight) and the OEM Bosch HID has servo motor which is connected to self-leveling headlight.
The lenses between the Bekker Bosch HID that I have with the OEM Bosch Xenon are the same, as well as the Ballasts.

The only way I could see for you to get the HID housing is from the dealer (and as far a I know they will sell it with the HID bulb in it).
I dont' think other store such Bekker willing to sell you just the housing.

Regardz,

SLK Boy
07-01-2004, 05:57 AM
I have a set of E-code headlights on my C280 that i'm willing to sell...well, it was my c280, but i sold it to my friend, and now he wants to sell the car, so i'm going to part it out. =) I got them from Steve (MBenz)...i was going to add a set of aftermarket HIDs, but never got around to it..I have the kit, just never installed it. Let me know if you're interested...i posted the stuff in the classifieds.

Kswiss
07-01-2004, 03:02 PM
yeah ill buy it, just let me know when i can come check them out......email me...!!

oh damn your in NJ....hmm...can you send some pics to me of them to make sure there the kind i need. I should be able to tell from up close pics n stuff..thanks