PDA

View Full Version : Drove the C36 to Dinner...what a mistake

mbsickness
06-30-2004, 08:57 PM
Argh! I just have to vent. I knew I should have driven the 190e to dinner tonight but instead I used the C36. the wind caught the door and slammed it agaist a pole with a nice metal spike sticking out. Now I have a good sized ding inthe passenger door. Just makes me sick when i think about it.

fastmayte
06-30-2004, 09:04 PM
ouch, thats gotta suk. check one of them paintless dent removals. heard they do a good job

mbsickness
06-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Here is the part that really hurts.....I just had a paintless dent guy out to remove all the dings. Just makes me sick that it only lasted a few months. Plus the dent guy has a minimum charge of $85 so I should wait till I get at least one more ding before calling him out....off to Safeway:rolleyes: I should be able to get a door ding in no time.

kameraguy
06-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Awe man, that blows! I also hate it when the stupidest things happen. In high school my friend and I took a road trip to Magic Mountain from the Bay Area in his new 1990 Integra (I just dated myself, d'oh!) and when we arrived at the park and parked the car, I inadvertently opened the passenger door against this stubby metal pole I failed to see. It dented his door pretty good. Suffice to say, i felt like SHIT the rest of the day. He was a good sport about it which made me feel worse! So i guess I feel your pain :(

mbsickness
07-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Well, all is good again. I saw a paintless dent removal guy this morning and the dent is gone. He did the reapiar while I waited and it is simply amazing how they work the metal.

Eurosport
07-02-2004, 12:14 PM
how much did it cost you?
because my neighbors kids threw a rock right on my hood lol
there's a small dent and a chip in the paint
the chip i'm not really worried about but really don't want to have it fixed as in paint hood etc
so maybe dent removal would work for me and then just a touch up paint on the chip, it's really really small chip
ty

mbsickness
07-02-2004, 12:22 PM
It was $95 to take out the door ding (size of a nickel) and a slight dent on the hood along one of the two creases.

kameraguy
07-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Eurosport
how much did it cost you?
because my neighbors kids threw a rock right on my hood lol
there's a small dent and a chip in the paint
the chip i'm not really worried about but really don't want to have it fixed as in paint hood etc
so maybe dent removal would work for me and then just a touch up paint on the chip, it's really really small chip
ty

Serious??

Then you should make that kid your b!tch and work his @ss selling lemonade on the street corner so he can pay for the repairs!

Eurosport
07-02-2004, 11:24 PM
lol you know it

i got estimate from body shop that works with MB lol they are on crack of course 770 bucks
i can have it done by a friend for much much less
but i don't want any painting so i'll try this dent removal wizard prolly next week

davis449
07-04-2004, 10:07 AM
That blows man. I put a small chip in my paint on my rear passenger door on the edge cause I accidentally swung it (and not very hard either) in to the SUV that was parked next to me. That makes me sick every time I think about it too!

mbsickness
07-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Dents and dings are bad enough. Self inflicted ones are the worst. I couldn't stop thinking about it until it was fixed.

H3MAN
07-26-2004, 04:27 AM
lads i think i know what your saying one day i was washing my car in my fathers warehouse where i keep the jet wash and i remembered the extension lead was at home, that day i opened the bonnet before washing it becasue i wanted to wash the engine throughout and i opened it and before closing it closed it so gently so it wouldnt even lock so i could pick it back up in a minute, then i remembered extension lead so i thought the quiker i go the safer the jet wash so no one nicks it because home is about 2 miles away from the warehouse i drive out of the yard onto the road and all i see is whack and a big blue bonnet on my screen. the hinges and the bonnet had creased from the two sides nearest to the windscreen it wouldnt even close and it was a good job there was no body behind me otherwise could have been real bad because i just smashed the brakes on worst day of my life i was dreaded and i hated every second of it, but i know wat u mean lads hurts in the heart and the pocket not fair is it....oh well i got a deal on the hinges and the bonnet though so wasnt that bad in the same colour so didnt need to respray it lucky me eh