PDA

View Full Version : need feed back on body kit please.

moedigga
05-30-2003, 06:02 PM
As most of you know the 97 sport bumpers and side skirts are about the lamest body stylingkit ever placed on c class. What should i expect to pay for a decent kit either oem or aftermarket, used or new, that is classy and sporty with out being to wild for the coservative lady. Maybe c36 setup or maybe just sport kit from like 2000? Would be 10 times better than what we are workin with now. Pictures ,ideas, help would be greatly appreciated. Peaceout-MOE

Denlasoul
05-30-2003, 10:46 PM
Moe:

I was gonna say...totally forgot you had another C and thought you were calling the C43 kit lame! ;) Anyway, I have seen AMG kits run about 2K. For sure you could get replica kits for $500-800. What color is the car? Personally, if it is any color besides black I would get a C36 kit. Looks really clean and subtle. I would try ebay and the forum classifieds. I'll keep an eye out.

DLS

Denlasoul
05-30-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Moe:

I was gonna say...totally forgot you had another C and thought you were calling the C43 kit lame! ;) Anyway, I have seen AMG kits run about 2K. For sure you could get replica kits for $500-800. What color is the car? Personally, I would get a C36 kit. Looks really clean and subtle. I would try ebay and the forum classifieds. I'll keep an eye out.

DLS

Oops! LOL

William420
05-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Sometimes, you can actually get an *OEM* C36 bodykit for around 1k including fog lights on EBAY if your timing is right. That's not bad at all.

The down side is installation and paint is probably gonna run you another $800 or so.

pnsji
05-31-2003, 12:27 AM
Depending on how much you want to spend, Wald and Autocoutre can be the best kit out there.
www.waldusa.com

and use google to find autocouture

moedigga
05-31-2003, 10:45 AM
Im thinkin c36 kit might be the hook. the car is white. iguess i need to start shoppin. thanks everybody!!Let ya know when i finnaly make a move regarding this situation.-MOE

Denlasoul
06-01-2003, 01:08 AM
Moe:

Here's a local guy selling replica kits. I've never seen them, but I could take a look in person if you wanted to pursue the kit.
Replica Kits (http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=40292)

DLS

moedigga
06-01-2003, 01:03 PM
Denla,
Very interesting. I might take you up on that offer. I probably will not do the body kit until end of june. Im in process of buying a home and would wait till i have a garage to due work myself. Ill let ya know when the time comes and hey, thanks a lot for the help!! MOE