PDA

View Full Version : Removing door trim

Pablo7
07-02-2004, 09:15 AM
hi there. i wanted to remove door trims (i mean small piece of wood or CF on the doors)
i tried searching for another thread with this subject but all i could find was how to remove the whole door panel.
do you think i need to remove the door panel to remove the trim? or i can remove the small trim only, bye pulling? will anything brake?

thankx a lot, bye!

Kswiss
07-02-2004, 11:41 AM
You will need to remove the door panel to install the door trims.
Good Luck. ALso, be careful about the airbags, if you have them.
You don't want to die for little pieces of wood.

Metromoto202
07-02-2004, 12:11 PM
You don't need be scared of the air bags, just keep the key outa the ignition and you should be fine. You'd be best using a plastic wedge of some sort, for prying

Pablo7
07-02-2004, 12:34 PM
is it totally necesary to pull out the door panel to remove the door trim? because i want to remove it only to paint them. if i have to remove the door panel i think i won´t even try.
thankx aagain

Kswiss
07-02-2004, 12:39 PM
From what i understand, It is neccessary to pull out the door panels. I guess you can pry them out , but this may damage your pieces. Good Luck.

pnsji
07-02-2004, 02:07 PM
To remove the trim, you need to remove the whole door panel. For each trim, they have rings behind the door panel. These rings are to secure the trim tightly from behind. These rings are glued to the door panel. There is no way you could remove the trim safely without taking off door panels. Even mercedes instruction, is to take off door panels, pry the rings, and then re-glue the rings.

Pablo7
07-02-2004, 03:59 PM
thankx a lot. i think i wont paint the trims ............... :(