PDA

View Full Version : please help elvir, he's stranded!!

C280 JR
07-02-2004, 05:47 PM
all right, here's the deal: the dude went to orlando with his sugar mama but his famous 202 died there today. he is staying there for the next five nights but he can't do anything to his car because most of the shops will be closed there b/c of 4th of july.

he called me tonight to post here for him because he doesn't have net access so here's what happened: on the way there, he hit a bump at high speed and from then on his ABS and battery lights went off and on, while his radio and windows would give him trouble, too. he looked at all the fuses and bought a new battery (and found a bullet beneath the old one--he'll explain) but when driving tonight, he almost got into an accident.

the car in front of him stopped suddenly and he swerved all over the place b/c his ABS WENT OFF!!!! he tried to drive it but the car went into the limp mode and can't get it past 15mph, while the car feels like it would die. so, he's stranded in orlando about 5 miles from disney world and needs to have a shop or a reputable mechanic to look at the car ASAP. he believes that it's the wiring harness like some of you have had trouble with it in the past. so, if anybody knows a shop or can give him a hand or something, please reply with your diagnostics and give him a call on his cell: 404-421-3319.

alen

hvmercy
07-02-2004, 06:04 PM
I think you can reset it by unplugging the battery for a few
seconds and reconnecting it again.

I'm just not sure how long you'd have to wait before plugging
it back in.

If all else fails, leave the car in Orlando and rent a car to get
back home.

Good luck!

Tump43
07-04-2004, 02:03 PM
I had a similar problem and the dealer fixed it by replacing the brake switch under the brake pedal. It should be a fairly easy fix. Just buy the part -- have your friend overnight it to you and install.

This happened to me after I made a panic stop with the vehicle and really stomped on the brakes. ABS Light, check engine light, etc. When the brake switch was replaced, all these problems went away.

Rocky
07-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Tump43
I had a similar problem and the dealer fixed it by replacing the brake switch under the brake pedal. It should be a fairly easy fix. Just buy the part -- have your friend overnight it to you and install.

This happened to me after I made a panic stop with the vehicle and really stomped on the brakes. ABS Light, check engine light, etc. When the brake switch was replaced, all these problems went away.

I would agree with this also.