View Full Version : Alarm Gone WILD

Tom Q
07-02-2004, 10:25 PM
I installed an aftermarket alarm in my 95 C220. I hooked up the door lock/unlock switch in the vacuum (it had an old keyless entry) and hooked the door pins through the front/back passenger door.

Everything works fine except:

1. When the car is on and the front passenger door is opened, the system goes to valet mode. If I keep the door open for a few more seconds, it goes back to standard mode and so on with the cycle :confused:

2. The lock/unlock switch on the dash doesn't work if I start the car. If I disconnect the alarm, the switch works fine. If I open the right rear passenger door and start the car, the dash switch will work :confused: :(

3. If I arm and disarm the car rapidly, all my windows will roll up and down.

4. If I leave my sunroof cracked open and arm the car, it will close.

I installed the same alarm in my other car (Isuzu) and never experienced any of these problems. I even switched the alarm brain to my other car (process of elimination) but it worked fine.

Do I need to have the car BLESSED :confused: :D

Did I go wrong with my connections? The only wire that I am having doubts with is hooking up the alarm yellow wire (ACC) by the front passenger running board, where all the wires are. I found a small box with 2 fat red wires bolted to it.

Need help guys :(

Andrew C280
07-03-2004, 06:25 AM
I got a factory plug and play unit for sale.

julesrey
07-03-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Andrew C280
I got a factory plug and play unit for sale.

Hey andrew what are the features of a factory alarm system? can you send or post a picture of the unit you are selling? or email it to julesrey@pldtdsl.net

Thanks
julius

Tom Q
07-03-2004, 08:05 AM
pics and specs? How much are you selling it?

Andrew C280
07-03-2004, 05:09 PM
ok to clear up a few thing this is the not a factory part its a mercedes benz authorized alarm system used in europe i bought a few there, this is a very rare system is totally plug and play no need for splicing I throughly recomend that a professional dose the installation as if you check on my posts it was a pain in the ass to install but I am now very confident in removing any interior parts in my car, this system comes with two infered sensors so you can leave the windows down and still protect you car much better than stock is also has the option of the anti tow away but you car has to have the sensor, it works with your own infered clicker that came with the car and is much better than something your going to get at an alarm shop that universal this is specific to the W202 car and that car only. it comes with full instruction as for the price i will have to dig up the paper work as i am not looking to make and sort of a profit it will be what i paid for it plus shipping it going to be about half of what anyone trys to sucker you in at any alarm shop and as for the dealer i checked it out if you car dose not come with alarm from the factory to try and reinstall a fatory alarm is almost impossible and would cost over 5000 dollars according to them. any questions contact me and i just have this thing sitting around so if your interested we can work something out.

http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/v203/drdrewC280/alarm1.jpg

http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/v203/drdrewC280/alarm2.jpg

http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/v203/drdrewC280/alarm3.jpg

http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/v203/drdrewC280/DSCF0001.jpg

http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/v203/drdrewC280/DSCF00011.jpg

http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/v203/drdrewC280/DSCF0002.jpg

audiophile
07-03-2004, 07:31 PM
it's kinda wierd hooking up the locks on these cars with an aftermarket alarm, because the vaccum pumps rest at nothing. what i mean by that is some cars a negative trigger, and others have a positive trigger, and blah, blah , blah, but if you did the alarm yourself then you should know.:)

Tom Q
07-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Audiophile,

I know I hooked the negative trigger. Should I do the reverse and make it a positive trigger? Is this the reason why the alarm is acting crazy?

Andrew,

My car did not have the infrared clicker. It had no factory alarms.

Andrew C280
07-04-2004, 05:59 AM
it should still work with your car but i can not varify it

Tom Q
07-04-2004, 11:23 AM
how much do you want for it?

Andrew C280
07-04-2004, 04:00 PM
$200 USD some what negotiable or trade for parts of equal value

audiophile
07-04-2004, 06:32 PM
TOM Q, where did you get the wiring codes for the car. TechSoft? if you have access to that program get the sheet for that car, it helps so much. try this for the locks: get a digtial meter and meter the locks when they lock and unlock. (ex. ground one side of the meter, and probe the wire for the locks, if it reads a number then you have positive trigger. IF it has negative sign (-) in front of the number when the button is pushed then you have negative trigger.) make sure you have the meter in DC volts. ;) did you use any diodes or resistors for the triggers? let us know how it turns out, good luck.:D
P.S. if you can't get access to TechSoft, go down to Best Buy, and ask one of the installers if they could print one out for your vehicle.:bunny:

Tom Q
07-06-2004, 12:34 PM
thanks so much for all the info. I do not have a digital meter but what I can do is to test it with a light tester. I'm guessing that if the light turns on when I lock then it should be a positive trigger. I did not use any diodes or resistors since the car came with an old keyless entry. I removed the old system and tapped my alarm directly to the vacuum pump. I will do some experiments and will post the results.

As for the diagram, I did a search a long time ago and someone (sorry I forgot who :eek: ) posted the door pin wires.

Andrew C280
07-06-2004, 01:53 PM
are you interested in buying the alarm believe me you will install this way quicker than finding the problem with your existing one.

Tom Q
07-07-2004, 08:19 AM
:( Short of cash...

I just bought me a house ;)