PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Problems

ricerokets4life
07-03-2004, 07:27 AM
the close button for the sunroof wont operate anymore, neither will the remote close. when i press the close button, there is no noise coming from the motor. for me to close the sunroof, i have to press the slide open or tilt open button and stop it when its in the closed position. how do i fix it?

unsp0ken
07-03-2004, 08:56 AM
that happens to me sometimes but i just keep trying it and it eventually starts working. just keep playing around with it.

Kswiss
07-03-2004, 11:43 PM
same...

Tump43
07-04-2004, 01:53 PM
You need to reprogram the sunroof. This is done by pressing the sunroof button up and holding for 10 seconds. The sunroof should work fine after that. (There are only two other ways you can press that sunroof button -- if my method didn't work, try the other two).

My Benz service advisor told me to do this when my sunroof stopped working properly. Electrical fluxuations cause the sunroof switch to require reprogramming periodically. This also works for the auto-up and auto-down function of the windows. [edit] Press each of the window buttons down one click (not two) and hold for ten seconds. Your auto-up and auto-down will work again. [edit]

The Benz people probably won't explain this to you unless your car is under warranty. Otherwise, they will overcharge you to "reprogram" your sunroof and windows.

Good-Luck!

alboogiee
06-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Tump43
You need to reprogram the sunroof. This is done by pressing the sunroof button up and holding for 10 seconds. The sunroof should work fine after that. (There are only two other ways you can press that sunroof button -- if my method didn't work, try the other two).

My Benz service advisor told me to do this when my sunroof stopped working properly. Electrical fluxuations cause the sunroof switch to require reprogramming periodically. This also works for the autoup and autodown function of the windows. (Press each of the window buttons (one or two clicks -- I forgot which) and hold down for ten seconds and your autoup and autodown will work again.

The Benz people probably won't explain this to you unless your car is under warranty. Otherwise, they will just overcharge you to reprogram your sunroof and windows.

Good-Luck!

thank you very much... i know this is an old thread but i just changed batterys and my sunroof went wacky... this worked perfectly! thanks man!

Tump43
06-27-2005, 06:41 PM
you're welcome!

Sulaco
07-01-2005, 08:28 PM
I finally got the wiring harness to my convenience control module fixed today. My windows work again, but I can't get the auto-down feature to work again. Period. I guess the module itself might be friend :(

I can hold them all the way up, or all the way down, and after about 5 seconds I hear a strange click in the door of the window I'm operating. Then, I try to roll the window back up/down and it takes about 5 seconds for the window to start rolling again.

But if I don't hold them and just roll them up/down normally they never hesitate or give me that 5 second wait.

I don't think the proper reprogramming method has been descovered for the 94-95 202's, seeing as how they don't have the one-touch auto-up/down feature of the newer models (our's only have auto-down on the front).