PDA

View Full Version : Rear Auto Windows

monopole
07-06-2004, 03:05 AM
Hello ... I bought a 1999 C180 and it came with auto front windows but the rear ones are manual. Is it possible to convert to auto in the rear? Can a wannabe-mechanic do it?? Will it cost alot of $$$ to do professionaly?

Metromoto202
07-06-2004, 05:15 PM
when you say rear manual, do you mean like crank up and down?

monopole
07-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Dear Friend,

Yes, manual is the crank type .

Metromoto202
07-07-2004, 02:41 AM
well you could mean express or non express, but yes if the option is avalible on another car same designation. then you should be able with several costly pieces.

monopole
07-07-2004, 02:47 AM
Thanks Metro ... I think you are suggesting that I let a pro do it :)
Looks like I will take it into the shop soon for this upgrade.

MrSpace
07-07-2004, 08:18 AM
the cheapest would be probably to get the parts from a scrapyard

Then putting them in your car, altough there are probably many more parts than what you think... switches, wires to the switches, fuses, etc.

Etienne

H3MAN
07-22-2004, 03:25 AM
you know i had electric windows in the back doors of my car and u wouldnt guess what the wires snapped on both of them so the motors were fine and the wires were not working, now lads get ready me being like i am i didnt wanna go and buy new complete motor sets wwhen all i needed was new wire but u know mercs its a complete part so i went to the breaker they were like only 10% cheaper than the dealers.
so i went to the bicycle shop now i live in england so i dont know what length the racing bike cables come in america and i used both side of it and frayed the wire and welded it on the ends and i fitted it together again it took me 2 whole weeks and it was horrible work do not ever attempt it although now i know my back windows inside out and if anything goes wrong i know exactly how they work,
as for ur question to fit back electrix u know get the 2 complete sets from a breaker and then just wire them straight to the batters pack and just keep switches in the back door panels and dont put any in the front otherwise messing with the wiring on a mercedes c class electrics forget it mate i bought mine without and engine and ECU and everyone said it wouldnt start and if u see it now its ripping every BMW to bits hahhahaha and its only a c220 diesel non turbo manual 5 speed, but trust man try that what i said and itll work my brother done it in his rover just make sure u get power in both back doors and the rest is easy u can get the switches cheap from merc dealers or try and get them from the same breaker u get thee motors from.

Rocky
07-22-2004, 05:45 AM
The vauum hose on my passenger side back windo was rubbing against a shar pcut out in the door and eventually failed. $1.50 later and some heat shrink all fixed :)