PDA

View Full Version : Coolant light!!

coolcarlskic43
07-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Coolant light comes on! reservoir always full ! Light shuts off sometimes and then comes back on. Could the sender be defective?

Or could we be talking about getting a new thermostat because the res stays full and I could swear I'm smelling a lil antifreeze when I'm driving but I'm not sure.

Is there also an overflow hose that leaves the reservoir tank?

Andrew C280
07-08-2004, 04:58 PM
I dont know if v8 are the same, my C280 has an over flow vent right on the can that holds the fliud its right below the cap faceing the passanger seat there should be a 5 to 6 inch black hose there, i though my car was running hot also i noticed when installing my factory merecedes thermostat that it only opens at 87 and the fans kick in around 92-100 my car stays around 80 to 90 now i guess its fixed i still think its running a little hot.

Pablo7
07-08-2004, 05:21 PM
i once had to replace the cap of the cooling fluid tank, because the rubber on it was damaged and it didn´t close well. so when the water got hot hot, i came out throuth the little rubber drain that is near the cap.
went to the dealership, had the cap replaced, never had that problem again-
hope it helps, bye!

Eurosport
07-12-2004, 11:43 AM
if i remember correctly the light comes on on all MBs for 3 possible different things
check the manual but it could just be a sensor, they do go bad sometimes

SLAMMED_C
07-13-2004, 07:22 PM
my first guess would be the sensor if the reservoir is full..

coolcarlskic43
07-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Just found out I have to replace O2 sensors as well.Engine chk light stays on. Diag listed O2 sensor code and Evap emissions code. O2 sensors are 157.00 a piece and I need to get 4. Replaced gas cap yesterday so I hope this helps with the Evap emissions code. An interesting thing happened ,I noticed. The car seems to have more torque since replacing gas cap.Is this my imagination or what? I'm serious! PS I'll be picking up new coolant sensor tomorrow!

SLAMMED_C
07-13-2004, 07:38 PM
why do you need to replace 4 o2 sensors?? you should only need to replace the 1 faulty one.. i really doubt 4 o2 sensors are bad.
what was the fault code for the evap?
and yes its your imagination..

coolcarlskic43
07-14-2004, 02:15 AM
my car has a lil over 80,000 miles. The mechanic could point out which one is setting off the CEL,but he says that if it was his car he would change them all. I priced each sensor on www.thepartsbin.com at 91.00 each. not bad compared to 157.00 each. The car seems like it does have more torque on initial throttle response since the cel was reset and I replaced the gas cap. Maybe the timing was retarded from the loss of fuel pressure and has gone back to normal. The CEL obviously has come back on but like you said it could be my imagination. I've driven my car everyday for the past 3 weeks and yesterday it felt a lil different.

Rocky
07-14-2004, 04:51 AM
When you reset the light, I believe the car would feel like it's running much better because it's has to relearn and remap everything for adaptation.

coolcarlskic43
07-14-2004, 11:32 AM
car felt damn powerful yesterday! I'll be putting the sensors in as soon as i get them. I mean the torque was crazeeee!!!

coolcarlskic43
07-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
why do you need to replace 4 o2 sensors?? you should only need to replace the 1 faulty one.. i really doubt 4 o2 sensors are bad.
what was the fault code for the evap?
and yes its your imagination.. Slammed Cee Hatin On ME! LOL:D Take care! Car felt torquey as HELL!

SLAMMED_C
07-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Slammed Cee Hatin On ME! LOL Take care! Car felt torquey as HELL!
lol... u have to be imagining it!!
personally.. I would only replace the o2 sensor that is faulty.. the other 3 are good so why waste the money.. plus the fact rear o2 sensor never go.